Reviews for In Theory
Staphy chapter 18 . 3/18/2013
Aaaah ! Perfect, perfect, perfect !
I KNOW I should study right now, but I just couldn't. I had to finish your story.

All the wedding was great, It helped Jamie a lot to get better. And also his mother, she's just fantastic. So yeah, I think that's great.

I'm quite disappointed by Sophie. Their last discussion was great, and I thought she reacted pretty well if you think about the situation. But then, she told A.D. about Jamie being gay. Not good.

I loved the answer Jamie gave to A.D on the phone. I'm pretty sure they're going to be fine together, because A.D. didn't react that bad... he was taken aback, he didn"t really believe it, and that's quite understandable. You're friend with someone for two years, this guy has a girlfriend, and then this girlfriend tells you that they broke up because your friend is gay. That's a lot. And I mean, sometimes, people need time to understand. They are not asshole just because they need time. They are just not lucky as we are, to be open minded, and smart. XD

So yeah, I was quite happy that you didn't create an homophobic family. I'd have died.
My family is openminded (my mother more than my father but still), and I have a lot of friends who are totally OK with gay or straight people. I knew I was too, I mean, I'm a HUGE fan of Slash/yaoi/MXM or whatever we call it.

But being a fan, it means that I'm making a difference. It's really hard to know how to react the best. And I think I could kill people who have homophobic speech. I could literally shot them, it's quite frightening :P

Anyway, I love the reactions of both family. I love the possessiveness of Jamie, and I love the end, "the circle-shaped" as you said. It's really good. And I think a "third" POV was better, so good job. And I finally got a description of Jamie, unless I missed it before. I don't know.

So yeah, even during the wedding and all of that, I loved your story. So even when they were happy :D So it's a great story.

Ah ah, I hope they'll stay together until the end. It reminds me a story with a guy I met in November. I had a 5/20 in Company law (... yeah) and I was devastated. I had friends over at my house after, and I didn't want to look like shit, so I stopped in a bar, to drink something. With alcohol. Alone.

And I found out I forgot my cigarettes, which never happens. So I had to ask the two guys smoking outside if I could borrow them one. We started to talk together. They invited me at their table. We drunk together all night.

I met one of the guy two days later in the subway. And then, after only two weeks, we decided to be a couple. It was great, really. But you know how it is, it's reality. You ask yourself 'are you sure this is right, too fast, maybe he doesn't really like me, maybe he just wants sex, and I have my exams, and so on...". So yeah, I wish I could be more brave sometimes, and try harder with my relationships. Maybe this guy was the one of my life. Putain. XD

So yeah, great theory, great story. I love the fact that Alex didn't know that the drunk gay who felt into his arms was Jamie. Like Jamie thought about the theory from the beginning, but Alex only knew him from the time with the Jeep. So fun !
Because we really think that he recognizes him, from Jamie's Point of view.

Yeah, hum, I'm going to end here, because I have so much things to do. Thanks a lot for this amazing story, I loved it !

And I hope you'll be able to write again, because you are talented :D

Staphy chapter 13 . 3/18/2013
OMG. Really ?

Do you want me to hate Jamie for the rest of my life? He had done all the hard work so well until now !

I mean, it's not easy to admit yourself that you're gay. That you have lived for 20 years in a lie. That always something felt wrong. I LOVED the part when Jamie finally gets that he's gay. the way it is explain, it was so true, so well written, it was overwhelming. I mean it.

Then, I was furious against Alex. I mean, in my mind, he's incredibly hot. I don't know why, but I picture him with dark hair, I can't help it. I know he's not, but I hope you forgive me to not be able to picture him well.

Same for Jamie. I don't know, it was hard to have a real image of him. I know he's described by his girlfriend as a "hooligan" so I suppose he's not that small, and fragile. But for the rest, I'm quite disturbed. I love the fact that they both have brown eyes, because it piss me off when I read stories about "grey eyes" "blue eyes with some gold in it"... I'm like "Fucking hazel eyes can be beautiful as well, thanks!"

So yeah, I'm quite lost in this review, there is no coherence. I do apologize. XD

So yeah, except the part that It's hard for me to picture them, the rest is just perfect.

And so I was mad at Alex, about his story with Seb. he totaly hide it from Jamie, and made him feel guilty to have a girlfriend. It was like "wow, you're the most amazing man I've ever met, so sad that you are heterosexual and you have a girlfriend" and then, BAM "just kidding, I'm sleeping with half the city while you're struggling with being gay after 20 years of "pure" straightness."

Asshole.

The reaction of Jamie was right, at least for me. I mean, I'm considering coming out, because I felt alive like never thanks to a girl, and THEN it appears that the girl isn't that much into me. You feel used, and you wander if you really need to do that. Sometimes, you need a reason to come out. Alex wasn't the one who "turn" Jamie into a "queer" because no one has this kind of super power, but he was certainly the reason why Jamie wanted to admit it. He gave him the strength to break up with a two years girlfriend (it's so hard !).

So yeah, of course Alex wasn't totally guilty and all, but I do think that he should have told Jamie that he was with someone else.

And then, Jamie told him "I broke up with my girlfriend" ... And the fucking bastards just ran away ! Are you kidding me ?

But I understand. They hadn't known each other for that long, like a couple of weeks, and within these weeks, Jamie decided to end his two years relationship to be with an other guy. It can be too much. Like, there is a difference between dreaming about something, and then having it in the reality. I was totally in love with one of the guardian of my dorm, and we were quite close without nothing happened. When I left the dorm, we began a relationship, and the magic was gone; I suppose the forbidden taste of it was what interested me... that's quite disturbing.

So I do understand the reaction of fear of Alex. And then he came back and apologize, so that's fine. I love him and forgive him. (I KNOW he doesn't exist in the reality, do you want me to cry?).

THEN THIS chapter. What the Fuck ? They were happy for a short period, finally together, finaly having lovely sex and lovely kissing. Alex told Jamie that he felt hard for him, and what is the answer ? "No sophie, I'm not gay, I promised".

Uhuh... And the reaction of Alex, the vulnerability, so fragile, so... heart breaking. (Can I say that? He broke my heart, but I'm not sure this expression really exists. How, I don't care, I'm saying it anyway).

The comparison between Sophie and Alex, the fact that Jamie calls after her and don"t say a word for Alex, it's so good. It shows that he's not that ready about his sexuality. He does accept it when he's with Alex, the two of them, or with perfect strangers. But that's a complete different story in front of his friends, or ex girl friend. Which is normal... but denying it doesn't help, he cared about Alex, he should have reacted differently.

But this is perfect drama. And it's really realistic. You're talking about a really difficult subject, the time when someone discovers that he's gay, this is really hard to find the right reactions, feelings... you deserve an award for that, really, because it sounds just perfectly right. Even if I want to punch Jamie in the face. Hard.

Hum. What else? Your theory is great, and I love it. It makes all the meetings with Alex plausible. You know what I mean? If you don't talk about the theory, then all the times Alex and Jamie meet so not possible, so exaggerated. Like OF COURSE alex has to be the one in the Jeep. And wow, they meet again in a bar. What a fucking coincidence.

But then, with the Theory, it's just perfect. Like "wow, this theory is really working in practice, great."

So, yeah, even if you don't care about what I think, you don't have to worry anymore. I'm really in love with this story. I'm happy you read my review and you answered me (still alive, yeaaaah !) and I'll take a look at your other stories after that one.

I'm keeping on reading, but thumbs up for the right tone of this story, this isn't an easy topic, and you treat it pretty well. Not that much stereotypes, clich├ęs and all of this. It's so well written, and wow, I love Alex and Jamie together.

And I didn't mind the fact that there isn't that much of the lemon. Even If I'd die for one, because just a kiss, and I fall for them. So ... if it was more than that, I'd probably cry for joy. I'm not exaggerating. Or just a little xD I do not need lemons to appreciate a story. Your story is fucking great. Congratulations (again!)

But I always thought the hardest part is the last one. You know, they apologize to each other, they have some great make up sex, and they begin to leave happily ever after. So I'm really curious how you manage all of that.

You're going to write it in Alex POV? Good Idea ! he's so mysterious, so fucking beautiful, and cool. I'd love to understand how it works in this little mind.

Oh. By the way, I hate you. Yes, really. I smoke. Not a lot, between 6 and 12 cigarettes a day, depending on the events in the day, and how much sleep I had. With your story, I had to smoke 3 fucking cigarettes while reading it. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. XD

Just kidding, It's my own fault if I have no personality. At all. I can"t even fight against a box of cigarette. How fragile am I.

Wow, you studied French for 6 years. I'm sure you're not that bad. You wrote "voila" in this chapter ;) And French is a quite difficult language. Which doesn't mean that English is that easy, not at all.

Ok, so I'm keeping on reading your fabulous story.

Talk to you soon :D

Staphy chapter 2 . 3/17/2013
Hi there!

I know that you wrote this story 6 years ago, and that you may not be on fictionpress anymore. 6 years, that's long. I always thought that my "passion" for fictionpress, and the writing, and the all "homosexual love" behind, would end. I've been on this website for 5 years, and I'm more and more into it. But, I mean, I'm only 21. I don't picture myself reading stories about this topic when I'll be 80. Maybe I will. Life is surprising.

Anyway, that's not the point of this review.

The point of this review is that I f love your first chapter. So even if I don't like the others, or that I could let only one review at the end, I HAD to post a comment here.

I read one review which said that the first paragraph wasn't entertaining enough. Fuck that. the first part of this chapter is what makes the difference between your story and others. The Theory, and the way you introduce the story between Alex and Jamie, it's just so awesome, almost breathtaking. It is so good written, so well thought, I wander if you tested it yourself. Like, it happens to you a lot, so you thought "I should write a story about this theory". Don't know, but congratulations.

So everything is so perfect, the description of Alex, the eye contact, the first part, and the sunday morning, waking up in a bedroom you don't know, all is so PERFECT that I'm quite afraid to read the rest of your story. I don't want to be disappointed. xD

Does that make any sense ?

... Anyway, I'm keeping on reading because I'm too curious.

Sorry for the mistakes. I'm French, and I'm tired of using a dictionary after 8 years studying English. I know we suck in learning other languages, and I deal with that, every day in my life. Believe me, it's a burden, but I got used to it.

Congratulations again, even if it can be weird to receive congratulations for something you wrote 6 years ago. I'm late, sorry about that.

srobbins70 chapter 18 . 3/16/2013
This was a great story but I was really disappointed. There was no sex. Slash usually has sex and that was something I was looking forward to. The fact that Jamie never had sex with a guy and the fact that he didn't know how it was even done was a great opportunity for an awesome sex scene. I was expecting intimacy, humor and passion and it really fell flat. The story led up to a pivital moment, which should have had a large impact on Jamie, but he wasn't shocked or wowed or anything. It was just "yep, I've had sex with a guy now".
I've read a few of your other stories and enjoyed them, this one just didn't measure up. Sorry.
BlaseBlanco chapter 18 . 3/4/2013
You're a very talented writer. This was beyond fantastic.
GravedDeamon chapter 18 . 2/20/2013
So i didnt comment in every chapter because i really like them all lol
This was a great story. Thank you for sharing 3
Lulu the Llama chapter 18 . 1/31/2013
I have to say this story cracked me up so much. Alex and Jamie were so funny together. funny and hot and at times dramatic, but hey. The drama was done well too! Jamie's thoughts sometimes... I was so amused so many times.

I know you aren't satisfied with these last chapters but I actually quite enjoyed them. It was different from the rest of the story but felt sort of like a way to show a different edge to their relationship. Which was cool to see! And then you finished with the flashback of the night Jamie got pissed and Alex took care of him and it was PERFECT.

so props! I am definitely faving.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/29/2012
Good, good, good. But, an epilogue to tie together that last bit & the end would be great. Thank you for a good read.
basbleu chapter 18 . 11/27/2012
Great writing. Funny, light hearted coming out story. Highly recommend.
Mcgde chapter 18 . 11/27/2012
Thinks so cute. :) I swear I cooed like a fucking moron with all the cuteness between Alex and Jamie.

I love that you actually made the story somewhat realistic. The ending seemed a bit abrupt, but I actually like it more because of it.

I'll definitely be waiting for more stories from you. :)

-Native
KatieBobb chapter 18 . 9/25/2012
Really really wonderful :) wish there was more. I liked the snippet from Alex's perspective.
KatieBobb chapter 3 . 9/25/2012
Hot hot hot! :) love these characters
KatieBobb chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
Love :) can't wait to read more. Thanks for posting!
Guest chapter 18 . 9/5/2012
I read a few of your stories, and my verdict is that you are seriously amazing. Very good quality stuff. I love finding stories by someone who can actually write. You really manage to show without telling and thus hitting all the right emotional notes. Thanks for sharing your work with us!
mamaliz chapter 18 . 6/25/2012
This is a great story. Well-written, believable characters, and a tight structure. Very realistic too without excessive and unrealistic drama; the story itself is strong enough and so well-written that over-dramatic plots aren't needed.

I usually don't like first person narrators much but you pull it off very well.

On a somewhat more shallow note, I really love when fics are based in Britain rather than say, North America.
383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »