Reviews for Elegies and Eulogies
Sarah Parker chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
This was wonderful, Mia... I think the raw emotion in it is so obvious and it makes me really want to write something. My problem is I want to write something, because I have all the right feelings.. but then I spend too much time messing it with instead of just getitng it all out first. and this was excellent. it hits straight to the heart.. maybe because i understand exactly everything in this. :( makes me think of a Dresden Doll's quote... ".. with my sad picture of girl getting bitter." i really wish some boy would come along and show us both how to not be bitter anymore, and redeem the reputation of the male race for us. Blah! But believe me when I tell you you're incredible. Anything wonderful you have ever said about me, I could say the same right back at you a millions time more.. it's so very true about you. so just remember that! girls are smarter than boys, so listen to me. :)
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
I like this a lot too.. the descriptions are great just like in chapter one and it flows beautifully... the format seemed weird to me.. the single spaced and then double spaced.. that made it a bit hard to read, but other than that great piece
PM20 chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Beautiful poem. I especially liked the the first line in the fourth stanza, I love the play on words. I also liked "goring on my essence and leaving no blood", it evokes an interesting image. Nice work.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I like the format... the beginning part and then each one with a roman numeral... its well done and beautifully written... i really love that last line
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Very interesting piece. I like the idea of the title - elegies and a eulogy. There's a lot of pain in this piece, but it's very beautiful at the same time. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Fae chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Mm, I like it! I like the last stanza best. Very sad.. and haunting.. and almost angry at the same time. Good emotions in it!