Reviews for Celebrity Speaking Mill
MrFlames chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Your site has been down for ages and I haven't seen you online. What's up man? Still alive and whatnot?
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
I aspire to be a paid 'activist' one day. But I'm afraid I'll never acquire the stardom status that attracts lobbyist. Damn you, Fame! Or adopt the temper tantrums to be a radio personality. Damn you, Contentment! Or abandon my soul to run for political office. Damn you, dead soul!

"Many still swoon over the generosity of Hollywood, how they give so much back . . . but these speakers haven't exactly been transparent about their speaking arrangements"

Not that I'm defending Hollywood and their "profitable made-up beliefs", mind you; But I just can't help but to chuckle at the criticism and hatefest they seem to receive from certain groups. Yes, Virginia, humans usually do things for their own personal gains. This includes religious figureheads, military servicemen, doctors, paid activists, unpaid enthusiasts, politicians, celebrities, liberals, conservatives, and Oprah.

However, I have to agree with you on their insincerity and forceful influence in politics. Just look at their success at getting Bush appointed and then elected. Damn you, Hollywood elitists!

-tofujunky
No Trust chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Does a pro athelete play because he likes the game, or for money? Likely he plays for both those reasons, and others.

Not saying I endorse most of the causes that celebrity speakers support, but you pose a false dichotomy.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
One typo, 'have I note' should be 'have I not'. You also have either an extra or a missing carriage return after 'proves it!'.

As for your argument, the availability to hire speakers does not mean those speakers only speak for money and do not care about the causes they are speaking about. They can do both.