Reviews for Two People who Hate Each Other A Lot
Katia chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
Oh my. I like this story a lot. In particular, I like the way Tami's storyline ended, with the realization that she never had to keep haring James just as her life ended. Very poignant.

Little Jack is cute. He and Melinda making up and deciding to be friends was probably the best way this story could have ended. 3
blurrylights chapter 4 . 1/1/2009
I feel like crying right now. Tami dying wasn't unexpected, but it still came as a surprise. I'm so sad right now..But I'm glad that Jack stopped the hating before it went too far. Great short story. It gave an awesome message. :)
blurrylights chapter 3 . 1/1/2009
She tried..sure, Leslie put her up to it, but she still did get points for trying.
blurrylights chapter 2 . 1/1/2009
I've been reading, and I like it! The note writing incident was really funny. i just..i don't know. I have this feeling it's going to end really sad.
M. Williams chapter 4 . 3/30/2008
Aww, this was really cute in some parts, and tragic in others. It's a good story, very interesting idea and premise. Good job.
candid chapter 4 . 3/1/2008
This was really, really sad. But I loved the message it sends. You really can't go through life hating people and saying bitter things because you never know when you might regret it. It was sad James wouldn't forgive her, and I knew something bad was going to happen after that, except I thought James would die, not Tami.

Tami and Jack's little heart to heart was amazing. It shows the cycle repeating, except that because of her advice, he forgave Melinda. Just out of curiosity, is Melinda James' daughter? Her name wasn't mentioned, and it would be an interesting twist if the cycle started over with their children but ended happily.

Anyway, this is very, very good. And I love the quote. You might want to consider making it a bit longer and, as someone else suggested, making their personalities a bit more distinct. I'm adding this to my faves! :D

xCandid
Fork chapter 4 . 10/13/2007
Great job. The twist at the end. I love it. It still ends happy, but you did in such a perfect way. The hate between Tami and James eventually kills them. But, because of the accident Melinda realizes that she shouldn't hate Jake forever, and it all turns out for the better.

I love seeing the situations from each person's point of view, and the way as they get older the stories become more accurate and less written by two immature little kids who twist it to fit what they want it to fit. I also love the way you paint Jake's akwardness through school that day, the way you can feel how he likes the fact that everyone's nice but he doesn't really like it because he knows it just because he got hurt and his aunt died.

Love it, love it, love it.

- Fork
indigo-blue chapter 4 . 9/5/2007
Wow. That was really good. I'm really sorry, I cannot do reviews, but I just wanted you to know that I really liked that.
Whit5000 chapter 4 . 8/26/2007
I loved the whole story. Don't really need ta comment on the writin cuz I thought it was perfect. I liked how the writin of James and Tammy changed so much from 8 years old ta 16 years old (like any person's would have in real life). I lol'd when I read the way they wrote back when they was just kids.

I was expectin one a two things ta happen at the end... They eitha become friends or one ends up finally killin the otha. (though James ain't really seem ta care too much about hatin Tammy, while Tammy was always obsessed with hatin him. So I would expect her ta be the one...) I prolly had the idea about someone bein killed cuz I was listenin to Death Note (anime) music when readin this... XD

Anyway, the endin was good... Sad, but it ended in a good way and it showed that the nephew and otha girl took the right path instead of the one they followed.

Obviously, the moral to the story is ta not live ta hate someone, or really, hate at all. I guess that's true, but I got my own issues with hate... even though I don't really hate nobody with all my heart and soul (well, I used to, but I couldn't care less about that person now.). Don't really know what I'm tryin a say, but thanks for writin this story. :) It was fun.
Otseis Ragnarok chapter 4 . 8/24/2007
Otseis Ragnarok(aka Onar). RR.

That ending was perfect! The only thing would be the childishness exhibited by James, right down to the end. Tami seemed to be more mature in the last chapter, but James hadn't grown much at all.

Lastly, Kudos once more on your phenominal ending, and the Ghandi quote was a nice touch.

And if you still have issues with the name, I actually have a few ideas. PM if interested.
Otseis Ragnarok chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Not bad, I really got the feeling that these were real children. They almost seem TOO realistic... (Whatever that means). I'll get around to the rest... eventually, I just have other things to do.
Hell Is A Place chapter 4 . 8/23/2007
Hm that came out nicely rounded...

I think the writing style should change age to age. Basic writing at eight and progress it? Something like that.
concerto49 chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Concerto. RR.

Ha, yeah reminds me a little of those children's books. And you wonder why so writers write children adult-style, or else they make kids go crazy. Gosh.

Maybe you could use the divider, but then it is kinda annoying.

Distinct perspectives, and you seem to played the character out.

Hm, anyhow. Cheers.
Whirr chapter 4 . 8/23/2007
That was cute.

There weren't really many grammatical or spelling errors, which is such a nice change on FP. ]

The story was short and sweet. I think a little more description would have worked nicely... such as some description of setting and whatnot. But it worked nicely and I don't really have anything else 'bad' to say about it.

The ending was sad and taught a good sort of moral lesson. I liked it. ]

-Whirr
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
FreakierThanThou, eh? Nah, I don't think you're freakier than me. But, seeing as I -have- to *Le Sigh* I'ma review you anyways, NotFreakierThanThou.

Well, I'm a few paragraphs in and I must say you've captured the mentality of an eight-year old rather well. *Gives you a cookie.*

"Amy and Sean were watching out for the teacher, who was watching the kindergardeners..."

-'Kindergarteners" has a 't' and not a 'd' in 'garten'.

"A few of the fifth graders pulled us apart because then he'd give them some sort of goody for being good."

-I don't much like the word 'goody' there. I'd prefer summat like 'treat', really.

"Tammy tried to punch me and I tackled her. She punched me in the head and I punched her in the stomach. She pulled my hair and I bit her. She scratched me and I kicked her with me knee."

-I don't much like how the fight is reversed here. Instead of James getting hit in the stomach, it's Tammy this time. Everything was reversed from Tammy's version, and while the dialog works like that, the fight doesn't. It just seems too odd. It's alright to switch who attacked first, but not the entire fight.

All in all very entertaining, Fran! Good work!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »