Reviews for Standing On the Edge
frouwe chapter 19 . 5/19
I can't believe you're back(ish)? It's been so long, but your stories (and this one more than all) occupied a little bit of my younger self's heart, and I'm really glad to get closure for Rosaline, Javier and the girls.

I'd forgotten how much my heart ached for these two and their HUGE trust issues, the exact way their excess of confidence and simultaneous lack thereof mirror each other's (what did me in from the beginning, tbh), and now his overwhelming faith in Rowe's savior complex... ANYWAY, I want to see more of Bree and of Rowe's brother (and I take it we're getting sex wink wink?)

Sorry for the crazy review, I swear I'm usually more coherent. I hope all is well with you. Don't drop off the face of Earth again!
gaelle chapter 19 . 1/30
i love ur stories so much. please update soon
happy chapter 19 . 12/15/2014
I'm so glad ur back. I hope everything works out well for you.
loivissa17 chapter 19 . 12/11/2014
thank You for writing! please update soon! :)
loivissa17 chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
Secretive, i'm pretty sure i've read your stories before. i remember the feels.
but it's been so long that i don't remember the characters or the stories anymore. hope i get the time to reread them. ...
you are a great writer. :)
Melly chapter 19 . 11/17/2014
Oh my God! You are back and even better. After reading this chapter one would never guess you were away for an extended period. The essence of Javi and Rosie are still intact. Welcome back and you leave QOAQR and NSIWE alone, there is no need to re-work either of them. I am so happy right now. Yesssss.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/16/2014
YAY! I'm so excited that you started writing again! You know what I missed the most? Author's notes, I don't see many author's notes on this site anymore. Also I'm really sorry to hear about all that stuff that's been going on with you, I can definitely relate. And I'm glad you've got your passion back, although it probably never left, just hiding under all the stress, waiting to come out when it was safe and you could breathe again. I just realized I'm going to have to reread all your stories again so I can be up to date when you post new chapters. This is going to be fun!
Lizzie chapter 19 . 11/9/2014
Hi! I may be one of those fictionpress readers from years ago who abandoned the site, mainly after all the plagiarism stuff was going on, and many of the best authors were removing their writing from the site to protect their intellectual property. I first started reading your stories in 2003 with When You Own the Universe. At the time, I was just starting high school, and your stories were wonderful YA romance. Have you considered self-publishing at all?
bellaleftearth chapter 19 . 11/8/2014
Yaaayyyy! I didn't believe it when I got the notification of an update! welcome back, you were most definitely missed. I'm truly sorry for all that happened to you, and I wish you nothing but good to come.
AranaBanana chapter 19 . 11/5/2014
Welcome back! If I weren't in class right now, I'd be squealing and dancing and whooping and... you get the point. I'm just so happy one of the best FP authors ever is back (yes, that is you). And after seeing so many awesome stories dropped and never picked back up, it's just amazing to know that atleast one of them will have a happy ending (well, it better!). /fangirl
And I'm sorry to read that things haven't gone smoothly for you these past years, but hopefully they'll get better from here.
stripedleopard chapter 19 . 11/4/2014
I'm so happy you're back! I'm sorry to hear about your personal life and it sounds like it's getting better for you! I had to reread the whole story again when you posted this chapter but that's okay because I LOVE IT! :-)
ess3sandra chapter 19 . 11/4/2014
fantastic update! great to have you back! Im sorry for your loss and for the lemons life has thrown at you! But I'm glad your up and making lemonade )
Phoebs chapter 19 . 11/4/2014
Hi Secretive, I've always loved your stories and I've been away from this site for so very long. When I saw your update notification email, I decided to give it a go (even though I honestly do not remember what happened in this story last). It was a great chapter by the way. Made me feel things. Lol. And your ramblings really connected with me because it resembled the changes in my own life. Anyway, I cannot believe that you haven't read a romance novel till now! If your stories become a bit more matured, I welcome it. Intimacy is part of the whole love thing. Well, hope you update more often and soon!
courtesylaughs chapter 19 . 11/3/2014
Good to hear that things are better for you now! I was so surprised to receive a notification that you updated this story. I couldn’t even remember what the story was about even after going back to the previous chapter so I decided to take a few hours and re-read from the start yesterday even though I should’ve been studying haha. It was worth it though because I have a newfound love for Standing on the Edge. It’s my favorite story that you’ve written, a spot in which My Undetected Canoodling previously held. I like that it’s more on the serious side, and don’t worry, it’s not too dark! Even if you go darker as the story progresses it would still be equally enjoyable. Anyway, loved the update. It’s really nice to see Rosaline’s character grow. Not going to lie though, the dream she’s having at the end was pretty ominous D:
VAHart chapter 19 . 11/2/2014
Thank you for deciding to finish Standing On The Edge. Even when one needs to do something, there's no guarantee that it will get done.

I know it probably won't mean much coming from me (as I'm a stranger over the internet whose interest in your work probably seems new and has no connection to you otherwise) but I am sorry that what happened to you happened. It's never fun to lose a friend- death, betrayal, geography or simply growing apart...I hope that the pain of it doesn't remain for too long...My mom would say that the pain lets you know that you're still you and how much you care, but I'm still sorry that pain is the way you learned it.

On a less depressing (and morbid- would that count as morbid?) note, the flow between chapters hasn't changed: it's as smooth as the others, which is to say smooth. The problem that you mentioned having with grammar seems to have improved as well. And I don't think that it's too dark.

I actually liked that you didn't really describe the physical aspects of your characters' relationships, even when you implied that they were being physical. Sometimes you want to find a story with a decent plot and end up with smut that revolves around smut or a half-baked storyline. Other times you want a story that has decent characters who actually grow and can't find it...Your stories fulfill my wishlist without having the problems. If you want to add more, go ahead. But I think you're one of the writers who can pull off either.

Standing On The Edge really does help me. Seeing (reading?) everyone keep themselves together, even though -or maybe because- they're fictional makes me feel like I can do the same.

What was your favorite type of casserole to make, if you don't mind my asking?
767 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »