Reviews for Standing On the Edge
firestar267 chapter 16 . 11/28/2010
I love the whole girl saving the troubled guy thing :)

Javis conversation with BIG PROTECTIVE BROTHER was brilliant. I enjoyed reading it and it was interesting to see how Jere views everything that has happened and to see how it has affected him and Ros in different ways, you showed that really well :)

oh god the scene with everyone in Javis bedroom was far too funny, Ellen just standing there in his blazer was brilliant! It made me laugh :)

And I LOVED the phone number exchange, such a small act but you really showed it meant something to Javi and to the girls too.

And Javi thinking that about how maybe he wasnt the most broken person in the room really made you feel for Lulu.

I liked the group hug too, he needs more of those!
firestar267 chapter 15 . 11/28/2010
First things first - sorry! I'm catching up on these couple of reviews I owe you before reading your latest chapter :)

Lulu also needs someone so yes, I would much support this happening for her!

I don't think its too dark at all, the characters are deep it would completely change the tone of the story if you tried to change that and I don't want that!

I'm glad that Ros is softening up a bit, her hardness can blindsight her...Javis gone to school and doesn't even have his fake friends to talk too, he's being bullied - and she doesnt know it's AGAIN, but she shouldn't have been avoiding him. She tries to be a great friend to everyone and she is but she doesn't see that shes being less than that to him, he's openly stated he wants her hep and she knows he needs it.

Ignoring her feelings towards him shouldn't stop her from saying, 'come eat with us so you don't get beaten up'...it's kind of like at the start of the story when he slept at hers and he admitted he'd rather sleep on her couch than in his own bed and she sent him packing early.

BUT I do understand where shes coming from...i dont want to be harsh towards her she's a brilliant, strong, loyal and scared character she is just blinded to how hard she's being on Javi...

This was excellent as usual!
intellectual titmouse chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
ayo, rosie's starting to get on my last nerve! LoL she's got all this evidence in front of her, but still freaking out. having said all that, it's hard to change perspective in a matter of days when you have had years of heartache. rosie's much stronger and braver than she gives herself credit for. and point for javi, stopping like that to make her say it. i needs me a javi! well . . . sorta. lol
BettyBoo chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
Damn, it's scary reading a story you can relate so damn much to. Following Rosaline and hear her say fear truly rules her life - I can easily say "i hear you, Rowe". Hands down. You're freakin brilliant. Keep doing what you do at your own pace because the wait is so freakin worth it!

Where Javier & Rosaline go from here on - is going to be pleasure reading!
quotata chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
I really didn't think she'd run. Then again, I didn't think she would have started it either.

A nice surprise.

HajariSheep chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
Oh no! Poor Javi!
ess3sandra chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
great update!
Alice Novak chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
It's sad that Rosaline won't admit to her feelings. It's sad that even though he's trying so hard, he's not getting anything back! It's extremely frustrating to see two characters so fit for each other not together even after 17 chapters!

lawl. I'm getting so into the story! XDD It's a good thing, I tell ya.

x

ps: i don't think my name has any correlation to Kingdom Hearts. 'Sora' is my nickname at school! :)
September Sapphire chapter 17 . 11/28/2010
OH MY GOD! STOP PLAYING WIHT MY EMOTIONS :( I dont know how much more of Rosaline's fear I can take! Javi is a good one for putting up with this! agh they need to be together in more ways than one! ugh! so frustrated! but i do love this story!
violet-eyez chapter 16 . 11/26/2010
can't wait for the next chapter
Two Steps Back chapter 16 . 11/25/2010
Ugh, I'm anxious to see what happens next! Haha

Anyway, I found this story, and some others of yours, just a few hours ago and I am so glad. You have an uncanny knack for comedy and I love your style. (Are you planning on getting published someday?)

I'm not usually one for suicidal stories, but you managed to balance the delicacy of Javier's emotional state and his relationship with his cousin, Bree, perfectly. I love them, and the friends you've built- or should I say the world you've built? Either way; I'm hooked!

Rosaline is very relate-able to me. I've had five 'dad' figures in my life and I'm only fifteen. I'm cynical to a T, but a hopeless romantic at heart. Needless to say I've found myself tearing up/crying a few times as I read through the chapters.

Lulu- I can't even find the words, but it would be amazing if you found the time to make a story for her. I'm really hoping she gets her happy ending. :]

I'm gonna stop this now so you're not reading all day and mentally telling me to shut up.

On an off-note I was wondering what you were gonna do with My Undetected Canoodling story? Tameka Janelle and Roth Socorro for the win! C:

I'm done now, I promise.
elanbu chapter 16 . 11/23/2010
wow. okay. so i've just finished rereading your older stories...and wow. You're writing flows so much better than before. The dialogue is realistic. The characters are well thought out. It's a bit angsty at times, but the humor you've squeezed in really balances out things nicely. I also love how all of the semi-side characters (the 5? girls) really have their own personalities. I don't even have to read their names, and I know who said whatever's in quotes. just...everything is well developed and makes sense and i love it and i can't wait to read more .
ghurl00 chapter 16 . 11/22/2010
Aww, I love how all Rosie's friend love him! And supports him!:)

Yay for that!

I can't wait for them to be together.:)

Gonna be awesome.
cu-12 chapter 16 . 11/22/2010
"There have been days that my mom's words had me staring at our knives in a very familiar way." For some reason the use of familiar really struck me.

Great great chapter! I love Javier and I'm always so sad when I see into his head, but I love that he's got real friends now that really care about him!
Faithfully Yours chapter 16 . 11/22/2010
I love Jeremiah! I'm so jealous that she gets a super overprotective brother. I want one! Haha. Update soon! :) I'm excited to read it, especially after the preview bit.
774 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »