Reviews for The Atheist Manifesto
Technopeasant chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Some say this is violent, one may call it cathartic - anyone, take it on humour. Besides, if a god did exist he would have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.
penguinfragger chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
I completely agree with the underlying idea, but the message seemed a bit violently delivered to me. I am and have always been an atheist, but I'm not angry at religious people. It seems to me that most people take it more as a philosophy of life than as a dogmatic code to be followed above all. Of course I disagree profoundly with the bible's retarded ideas about gay marriage and abortion etc..., and would be glad to see that racist coulter hag and all other fundamentalists disappear.

Anyway I like this, it was well written and covered a lot of important points. Good job.
hey maria chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Well, the title is complete bullshit. These are obviously not the beliefs of an atheist, because you acknowledge the existence of God and despise him. An atheist believes God does not exist, and therefore can't hate him.
Q chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Oh yes, very good, very insightful. It's always a pleasure to read something that is merely the product of blind anger. Which is a shame becausre you're obviously an intelligent young man and could probably develope a much deeper philosophy than all this once you let your prideful wrath fall away.

This piece shows a very firm level of ignorance right from the start; blaming an implied diety for all the wrongs in the world, which is a contradiction to the very title of the piece. (For a true atheist does not argue with "god"; he cannot, for to him god does not exist. The true atheist not only doesn't believe in the existance of god or gods, but technically cannot grasp the concept of religion except in inapplicable theory.)

What's more, in your "atheist propoganda" you commit a very great transgression casting your focus on the "non-pagan triad" of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Would not atheism also denounce the existance of the higher spiritual plains of Buddhist philosophy, the Mother-Goddess and her counterpart and various aspects in "earth worship", the plethoric Hindu, Greek, and Roman Gods, the infinite spirits of animism and countless other pagan divines?

As far as poetry and prose go, I honestly have little to say. The writing is decent, but this is hardly a polished work - it has the feel of something you vomited up rather than created, yet there is a hint of style here which I would probably pursue. I merely wished to comment on the subject matter.
pukein ivy chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
This was fucking brilliant. Written with balls of steel.