Reviews for Self Control
abandoned and forgotten chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
Very, very nice. I couldn't put it better myself, and I read Nemonus's review; her advice is sound. Self control is a good theme for all poets, because its complexity and extreme depth make for a fun challenge. Excellent work, in my opinion!

:) Alya
Awen1923 chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Nicely written...I liked your topic. Self control is truly a deeply meaningful word that carries a heavy weight. Your last few lines ended the poem well.
Nemonus chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Very interesting. Deep, which is somewhat surprising for this website...this poem got a little vague & boring at the end, because it seemed that the points with most impact-the personalness of the revelation, the analyzation of "self control"-were in the beginning. However, the last "sentence" (6 stanzas) was the real point of the poem, so perhaps what I am really saying is that the middle sags. The rhythm is good, with a calmness too it, and though the concepts are not easy per se you make them, through the word choice, clear and interesting to understand. So, nice balance there.
MicroQueen15 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I feel...enlightened? Whatever it is it's good. This was wonderfully written. My fav list just keeps getting longer and longer...