Reviews for Low
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
It's interesting that you chose to title this poem "Low" when it was about flying high on swings. Not a bad interesting, a good interesting. I love the visual I get of this person swinging in the dusk, just swinging away all their worries. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the line "And the chains rattle and creak like a familiar friend." As far as I know, familiar friends don't creak. (Okay, that was a tad snarky. I'll be nice.) Try to think of something else that rattles & creaks if you're going to use a simile there. Nice job. Keep writing! :)
FunkyFlower chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
this is beautiful and immediately took me back to when me and my bro were lil kids, and we used to go to the local park. the swings were my favourite and what you've written totally explains why ;) beautiful, short, fantastic :)

mez
Aquafied chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
i like swings

they symbolize freedom
Crimson Flowers chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
hey fellow singaporean. i think i've seen you around fp before and you've reviewed my work last time or either way. this is a really sad and sweet piece of work. i like the repetitive "And" in the last 3 lines(: keep writing. with all my love, Crimson Flowers