Reviews for The Not So Celibate Life
sporkess chapter 14 . 7/28/2007
Heya

Sorry I haven't reviewed the last couple of chapters. After my exams I died for a while, and didn't read any fpress stories for a while. Now I've actually woken up a bit, I've been reading through all the old author alerts.

I wasn't really expecting the chapters that I found. The style rather bemused me. After these detailed chapters in his highschool, you suddenly sped up and got jerky, hopping from time to time. Had I been writing the story I would have tried for a smoother transition, like ending it with him going home, and settling into a dull life, and then doing a 'ten years later' thing, just showing the intervening time with flashbacks or musings, and doing a detailed dive back into the storyline, showing in a slower way his pointless relationship with William and his return to Robbie.

Still. While I was rooting for a happy ending rather earlier, I do agree with you that as teenagers Robbie and Gabe were sort of doomed, and they had a much better shot as adults. Though I would have preferred to see their tumultuous break-up in actual storyline rather than reported later.

Gah. Looking up at this review, I realise that breaking my silence just to be critical isn't particularly friendly. Sorry about that. But while I do like this story, I think it lacks the magic that The Interview had, and I think there were a couple of places it let itself down.

In any case, I'll be watching for the next couple of chapters with interest. Until then, farewell.
Liviania chapter 13 . 7/22/2007
The consolation to Gabriel being so messed up is that this is fiction and thus will end well. (Hopefully.)

Livi
the Berserker chapter 13 . 7/21/2007
Bah *throws keyboard out the window* I want them together, damnit!

Awesome chapter. Perfectly written, as usual. Can I read Alex's bandslash? (he) *grin*

Excitedly waiting the next chapter!
Empty-fishbowl chapter 12 . 7/17/2007
I really liked this story. You have to finish, i'm stuck hanging.
SecretWhispers chapter 12 . 7/15/2007
This story has so much drama! I love it! XD Gabe has such a messed up life. He seems like one of those people that has that 'lost puppy' look. Update soon!
Liviania chapter 12 . 7/13/2007
You had one set of sentences that semi-repeated at the end of the second? part.

Aw, poor Gabe. He's trying so hard.

Livi
theBerserkercan't log in atm chapter 12 . 7/13/2007
Uwaah. So sad! Can't wait for next chapter. I want Robbie to be happy, damnit! *huggles*
ipanema chapter 12 . 7/12/2007
what happened? he just turned into a total whimp!
Qryous chapter 5 . 7/6/2007
Hm.. I have NO clue at ALL why Robbie would want to have sex with the guy _ MuseiKouu right now confused

x.X Still like it though :)
Qryous chapter 3 . 7/6/2007
ha lol, what kind of teacher is this 'Henri' o.o Certainly not one with much self control lol x]
Qryous chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
The sex scenes weren't bad really. At least they weren't ackwardly written,and they're certainly better than anything I could do. Anywayz, poor Gabe just has to run into his past customer didn't he? Feel sorry guy. ]
Qryous chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Hm, I've never read a story quite like this one before. Quite a bit of M/M slash but never one based on the main character as a prostitute. Well, now that I think about it I might have read one a bit like this on But that was ages ago so, forget it xD. I quite like the start, and I can tell the story is just a little rushed, but it's very fluently rushed and to my taste so.. I like it yep :)
i-see-faeries chapter 11 . 6/28/2007
Aw, I hope this isn't the end. I love this. Robbie and Gabe are so cute, and this has more twists than a roller coaster. It's beautiful, hot, and just wonderful. Love. Update soon?
the Berserker chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
:'(

I love Robbie so much it actually DID make tears gather in my eyes when Amy said he tried to kill himself.

Gabriel needs to go back!
Abstruse Blue chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
For this chapter...I love Ira and Robbie's attempted suicide seemed probable, so I wasn't too surprised. All very sad though. Another excellent read for me!
159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »