Reviews for The Not So Celibate Life
Inherent chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
Poor Robbie. Stupid Gabe. Makes me angry. But oh my god Amy and Ira, that was great. Not great enough to make me feel less sad about Robbie. Oh well, at least he gets to perfect his Chinese. Hah.
Liviania chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
Amy flirting with Ira was brilliant. Just a quick, cute detail. It was also fun when Gabe decides the bright side is he isn't sleeping with any of his teachers.

Livi
Inherent chapter 10 . 6/16/2007
This story is very interesting. It grabbed my attention immediately during the first chapter and I read it straight through. The last chapter surprised me a lot, but I can't say it didn't make me even more curious about what will happening next. I just feel so sorry for Robbie.
Abstruse Blue chapter 10 . 6/15/2007
The end of this track better be good! xP *cries a little inside because Gabe went back and left Robbie* Well anyway, I love it all never the less and FINALLY buckled down and read this. I have been meaning too. YAY!
Abstruse Blue chapter 8 . 6/15/2007
Two more chapters to go...But I wanted to say on this chappy, that I love Celine. She reminds me of myself...well actually its more I'm on her line of thinking right now. Gabe is much too young, etc. for Henri and I totally know what those ideas could be concerning Henri and Andy. I'd already been thinking them last chapter! haha.

p.s. Children of Men WAS excellent!
Tomiko90 chapter 4 . 6/12/2007
This is very interesting. Much better than most stories on here! So far I have to say my favorite character is Adi.

Now I shall continue reading! :D
Kittentits chapter 10 . 6/12/2007
It's 3 am.

I just finished this story.

It's fucking bloody wonderful.

I'm absolutely in love with this.

I think might even be in love with you for writing it.

Jk.

Maybe.

*shifty*

Hehe.

In all seriousness though, this is great.

I wasn't all that impressed in the beginning, and at times it seems like you're rushing things but none of that has stopped me from the love I feel now for this story.

So yes, I think you need to be favorited and altered.

Yes indeedy.

To end this review, I'll say, please continue writing.

Don't give up. It's good. And gets better with every stroke.

I just realized that could be taken two ways.

HA!

Anyway. What was I saying?

Oh yes, keep going.

I wait excitedly for your next chapter.

P.S. As I also read all your little notes, I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only girl who thinks that every guys she meets in life, reads in books, or sees on TV is bi/gay.

I am repeatedly commenting to my friends how I think so and so is gay. They just don't know it.

Wishful thinking on our part? Most definitely.

P.S.S I apologize in advance for the horrendous spelling. As mentioned, it is only 3 am
Liviania chapter 10 . 6/11/2007
This is an interesting story - certainly different from most of the horrible prostitute stories up on The new direction is intriguing, but you might want to do some editing to earlier chapters to make it less of a sudden change. _

Livi
Tomiko90 chapter 3 . 6/10/2007
All I can say is...wow.

:D
Tomiko90 chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
I like this a lot so far! Im adding it to favorites! :D
the Berserker chapter 10 . 6/10/2007
:'(

I will NOT accept that! Get Gabe back! WAH!

This has totally ruined my day. I'll be thinking about poor Gabe and Robbie (especially Robbie, 'cause he's so adorable) all day! And all the other days until you update.

*hinthint*
ritapita chapter 9 . 5/26/2007
really good. once again, wanna hear more. ]
the Berserker chapter 9 . 5/23/2007
Poor Henri... *clutches*

Robbie is still as cute as ever! Go you! *hugs* Can't wait for the next chapter :D

I'd love to have friends like Craig and Alex. they sound Teh Awesome :)
sporkess chapter 9 . 5/22/2007
Okay, starting with the author's note and working my way upwards...

They disparaged UK Queer as Folk? How dare they! The US version is vamped up and dumbed down, and they made fifteen year old Nathan into seventeen year old Justin because they were worried about it not being mainstream enough, thus negating some of the major points covered by the UK series.

Moving on. You might already know this, but the name Grey's Anatomy is funny because it's based off a well-known medical textbook called Gray's Anatomy. So Craig's Anatomy isn't quite as clever as all that - but I'm sure people will get it anyway.

On to the chapter, and maintaining my critical tone; I think it could have been better. For one thing, why is he calling his parents on the home phone? So they can trace the call and send someone to arrest Adi for aiding in the delinquency of a minor and drag him home? Since I like fraught, angsty scenes, I want a confrontation, damnit!

Also - in the scene where Robbie and Gabe are exchanging secrets, I think that the truth should have been more - wrenched from them. Particularly Robbie. I mean, that was an awful experience, but you didn't make the audience see him hating the retelling, so you didn't make it seem real. (By the way, have you seen the movie Get Real? Robbie's story seems a teensy bit like that, but I'm not an expert because I haven't been able to watch it all the way through, courtesy of a sister who tapes over everything.)

Otherwise - I've never been particularly fond of bloggish interludes unless they're made more a point of in the story, ie if the character is a real emo-kid or the entire story happens with letters and journal entries, no narrative, or if the two characters met over the blog. I can see the point of them here, however, if just to bulk up the chapter. You zoom right through the story here, lots of action, not much pause for reflection except at the very end (which was cute, if bordering on cliché).

Anyway. I know this is a remarkably critical review, but I have to say that I think this chapter was below the fine standard you achieved so consistently in The Interview. If you like, you can tell yourself that I'm just grouchy because I've got exams soon and have been studying way too much chemistry. It's probably even true.

I hope that you get back into the flow of writing, and can provide the drama and angst that I so desperately crave. Much love!
iwishillwilluponyou chapter 9 . 5/21/2007
aw gabe and robbie are so cute together _
159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »