Reviews for Are We Ok?
upside-down-boat chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Awr... the poor girl! The part that made me melt was 'practically inaudible' and then i dissolved when i read 'her (slowly breaking) heart'. So sad... and yet really good! :)

And i just have to add... I'm reviewer number twenty! Yay! lol :P xox

xx Boat xx
drink me pretty chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
M, now this, I really liked. The description of the girl's voice is lovely, and I like the fact that it's "practically inaudible" because it illustrates she's asking a question she doesn't necessarily want to know the answer to.

I don't think the second stanza was completely needed, but I suppose it serves to confirm the notion from before.

The "(slowly breaking) heart" part is my favorite. You have a way of ending your poems in a way that makes me feel something, relate in some universal way, and I like that very much.
lymli chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I think the powerful part is the starting with the question.
XsilentXescapeX chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
. . i havent been able to write good things in a long time and this is exactly like im feeling. I wish i had written it. good job!
Hinata Andersen chapter 3 . 2/20/2008
I feel like I'm going to cry...
Sexy Vampirechick chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Short poem,but with lots of nicely written!
NothingInHerGlassGreyEyes chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
Wow, I'm hopeless. My eyes actually watered. The idea behind this is a little cliche, but the style you wrote it in overpowers that. I like it.
NothingInHerGlassGreyEyes chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
It seems so impossible that a poem so small can relate to so many people that it's crazy. I like the fact that even though your writing is example from your life, you put it in such a form that many can relate to it. I know that I can...
GothicSpook chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I love it. Everyone thinks this at least once in a relationship, small bit of uncertainty that we need to have answered. Again can relate!

x
myno chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Yes-that most frightening of all frightening questions. :)
FreewayofFlight chapter 3 . 2/26/2007
I like this series, soft, mellow, and quite touching. I like the lines "all she wanted/was for her heart to stop breaking", such a good end phrase!
breezy nostrils chapter 3 . 2/19/2007
i can totally relate...and great ending. the dialogue was very realistic and put much into perspective. keep on going! :P
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
How do we know when Soul has reached its end?

Will Armageddon's visions fill our eyes?

How much will Soul's routine with pain be filled,—

Upon Heart's realization of Life's end?

With that last heartbeat will Mind dream to dark?

Whose lips shall kiss our lips as Life slips by?

Which fingers in warm tenderness our hand,

Will lightly hold as streams of blood flow cease?

I cannot guess, though Death has called before,

& In those moments when She held my Soul,

I knew a Love eternal in its ways,

& In those seconds felt a true Love's kiss,

Till that Eternity kills Soul with void,—

Where is She-Mortal's Love that Life will fill?

For surely this short journey of my Soul,

Has Love's brief soujorn till Death's portal comes.

(& Much to share though Love wait at Death's door.)
dancingintherain chapter 3 . 2/15/2007
an awesome ending...i liked how you seperated the poems instead of making it just one long one
dancingintherain chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
i love the last line it adds an edge