Reviews for February Smiles
Grayrose chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
I'm always amazed when I come upon pieces like this- it's quite unlike anything I've ever seen before. If I had to make any criticism, it would be to be careful not to let sentences get tangled with too many adjectives. Hah, I should take my own advice!

Well done.
His Mercy's Waiting chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
As always, you have excellent imagery. And I love the personification.

Have you ever tried writing poetry? I'm sure you'd be great at that as well.

Keep writing! :)
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
An amazing piece of prose, that I have immensely enjoyed reading. You've embodied February in a very eloquent and graceful piece. The song I'm currently listening to, it's refrain begins with: "From your smallest victory to you greatest wrongdoing." It seems strangely appropriate. But that's neither here nor there... I commend you on a beautiful work and I thank you for the review.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
[The trees tousle back and forth without end, glimmering like the teeth of a blissful expression.

“They can’t even smile without waving good-bye.”] i really like this line though i'm not partial to february. it's cold and my fingers freeze, and sleep is a coma i'd rather not wake from because the bed is warm but the world never is, jaded by the passing season of giving and the resulting credit card bills. lol.

another gorgeous little something. :)
Circus chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
I couldn't stop smiling at the first part, and then the second increased that feeling. This is wonderful. “They can’t even smile without waving good-bye,” is gorgeous, and your descriptions of the sky, of the children's voices ("sliding over the scales of every dormant fish"), and of course of the trees ("every tree a scornful grandmother") are striking and different and beautiful. The scenes are clear and wonderful to imagine. Well done!