Reviews for Bring on the Raine
Lula6791 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This story is really good. I liked how you wrote the emotions. The background of the curse is really good. I loved it.
SilverFloutist chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I loved it, it was wonderful. It was so sad, it really brought tears to my eyes. It was beautifully written, you have great descriptions and I could really imagine all of this in my mind. The plot was also really original, and the way you told the story made it seem even better. I also love the title of the story, its witty and suits the story very well.

The last sentence was very final, it was a great ending. I think it would have been much better though, if we actually knew her birth name. Her actual name is never mentioned in the story, so her changing her name to Raine doesn't have as much effect on the reader as it could have.
loves him chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
"And then a fae-touched water mage slash healer slash thief" - this part confused me a little at first because I thought that you meant that a water mage had slashed a healer who had then slashed a thief or something of that sort. It would probably be better to say "part water mage, part healer, and part thief".

"She was beautiful, in the way that few enough girls are" - I don't know why, but I liked this line.

"just my father and my sister and I" - Not sure, but I think that it would be "just my father, my sister, and me."

About halfway into the story it kind of struck me that Adam might be seriously injured and still survive. But the point is that I expected him to survive so it's probably appropriate that Adam died. Do the unexpected and all that jazz, y'know? The turn of events (Raine meeting Adam, Adam befriending and consoling Raine, the two of them falling in love, and then Adam's death) is commonplace in romance stories, but that's okay, because there's only so much that an author can do. And it doesn't matter either, because you vividly described this world, this Island of Tears, and Raine. So in the end, I really liked your descriptions and details because they made the words jump from the page and form an image for me about this world that you've created. Great job!