Reviews for She twisted into my hair
rage of aquarius chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
oh jesus. i have a new favorite. (and i'm inundating you with reviews, i think.)

at the beginning, and throughout till the end, there are images of nonconsent-"tore through/...my throat with dignified/ease, "pretend 'save me I'm/drowning in this deep end/confusion' touches," all the nostalgic, pensive wonderings about "girlhood slumber" and "gal-pal giggles," the flashbacks to a more innocent time. "every-man-for-himself," when pitted against the decidedly feminine aspect of the rest of the poem, is particularly evocative.

then it turns very, very curious at the end, with "She let me go too easily, I think." it makes you blink, do a double-take, and you find it necessary to go back and put the entire thing into the context of that last line.

new favorite. i'm awash with admiration.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
This is astounding. The rushes and bursts of both feeling and description wrap around the reader so tightly. "she yanked me from desperation-to desperation and shoved me-in with alligator crowds,", is so unique that I had to read it several times. The detail given to sound and construction is excellent as well. A favorite for sure. MD:77.
pinkxbullets chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Wow. This is amazing even though I don't quite know why I like it so much. It's very good though. :)
she smolders chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Your poem leaves me speechless. I can't even begin to describe in words how much I liked it and how much it touched please forgive me for sounding a little too cliche right now but my mind can't really function right now after reading something like this. Take care.