Reviews for Brushstroke
herpius derpius7 chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
This was beautiful.

The ending really caught my attention:

"I hope that it was part of me / I hope that it was / A brushstroke." That was brilliant.

Also, I loved the lines:

"A mere brushstroke of the soul / Gently caressing the world's canvas."

I can actually really relate to this. So many times I wonder similar ideas:

"I wonder if I could ever dance / Or after one step, /Would I be content?"

This was a masterpiece. :)
flies.like.decay chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
Heh heh. I don't know if you reached your foal to be on the favorites list of 100 people yet, but if you haven't, I'm contributing. Lol. That's really all I had to say...
Bri Neves chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Great, as usual. _
morethancarbon chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
The poem doesn't seem to "flow" It just seems choppy.

I do like the way this stanza is set up

I find myself looking

Back

All the time these days

Pausing

If even for a moment

Searching

I keep on thinking I have left something

Behind

But I can never quite seem to find it

Or even

Discern what it was that I might have left

It looks as it sounds when you read it.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I really like the concept. Beautifully written, once again. :)
antigonelives chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
"A mere brushstroke of the soul/Gently caressing the world's canvas." I love those lines.

Normally, I wouldn't be so attracted to this kind of a poem (as I am a huge fan of archaically styled and themed literature), but you held my attention with this poem and its sentiments.

I need to see what else you've done. Good job with this!
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
O...so beautiful. I can relate to this very well. don't we all want to leave our mark? To be able to reach something special? Bigger than ourselves...

Your poems are always a pleasant read. Good job!
justaguy chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
omg...That is so awesome. I had to read it over and over. that is one of the most incredible poems that I have ever read. It is so amazing. I am so jealous. I wish that I had written those beautiful words. You stroked it that time, my friend. I am in love. I fell in love with your poem.

The words...the image...that last part...keeps moving in me and touching me and making me want that "brushstroke."