Reviews for Candied Hearts
life on rewind chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Hello _ I'm practising the art of concrit, and so I try.

This poem is a very true poem about Valentine's Day - I certainly hate "lets make single people feel like shit day" with a passion. Your line "This single out the singles day," is very true and very well written. However, I think that the poem is mostly in meter, except where you have broken it, for example:

"This single out the singles day,

this way to waste away."

The rest of the stanza was in meter so it spoils the flow of the poem. However, great job and keep writing _
Victor Joseph chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
i also hate Valentine's day. not just because it's a Hallmark holiday.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
I hate Valentines Day. Which was why my friends and I flaunted out single status, lol. Happy Belated Single Awareness Day!
rira-chan chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
hehe i know! im sorry it's been a while...i have had writer's block. -.-; hehe

i loved this poem though. very good.

and my poem was under friendship because i was using icicles as a metaphor to my friendships with people. ; hehe

rira-chan

P.s thank you for reveiweing once again!
Which Mistake am I chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
i think one day ur mind will chnage about v-day but its still really really good. and if u want i'll be your late valentine.
CrazyTurtles chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
I hate Valentines day, its is soo depressing and SO mean to all the single ppl! So not fair! Anyway, great pome. I love how you write.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Very, very nice. I hate Valentines Day. That is just me though. Great job.
DisturbedKittenWriter chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Oh! A very good poem. I really like how you didnt just say "I hate valentines day" over and over. Very good :) I can relate to the hatred of valentines day. I am in a relationship, but I still think Valentines day is stupid and too uh..."halmarky".

I get the "This single out the singles day" line. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it mean that this holiday singles out the people who arent in relationships?

Anway, great poem. I really enjoyed it.
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Though I don't share the same sentiment as the poem, I liked its meter and wording anyway. The phrase that made me feel the burn was "Single out the singles day"-it really DOES feel like that, doesn't it? I mean, I myself don't mind anymore, but I could remember the time when I totally hated VD. I was expecting the word "diabetes" to somehow be in there for some reason. LOLOL
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
You're hardly alone in hating valentine's. I don't think I understand the line "This single out the singles day," but it's a very relatable poem. Keep up the great work.

:Isabella May: