Reviews for The Feng Shui of Review
DogGoesMoo chapter 1 . 6/7
Good tips on reviewing. OPening the comment box right away saves time in gathering your thoughts and having to remember what you were thinking of when you were still reading.
Mia Homina Telos Writ chapter 2 . 2/19
Hey what do you mean the stories return review?
Mia Homina Telos Writ chapter 1 . 2/19
Oh thank you so much for writing this! Im aboutntonatartca story for fiction press and was looking for advice. This was really helpful.
Thanks!:)
janshanr chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
Opening a review box - thanks for the excellent idea.
brosea chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I like the points highlighted here.

For one I'm now thinking of changing my user name. Not sure what I want it to be now though. I'll have to think about that.

I also need to start returning more reviews. I don't do that a lot to be honest.
Normally I send PMs to say thanks for reviews given, so I guess I'm on the right track for that.

Good article overall.
deladracroness chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
hey i am new and your tips are actually helping me, can u review my work i only have one story anyways the blood chronicles: war bound
Kayla2175 chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
This was very helpful. I find it hard to find things to say in a review or what I should do when I get cleared things up.
rkalanau chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Thank you for writing this, this is helpful for a newbie that is still trying to figure out this website. I don't know how good my reviews will be, but lol, hopefully they will be helpful. Silly question, what is Feng Shui anyways? I hear it occasionally but I guess I should stop being lazy and just look it up!
JesFun chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I enjoyed reading your essay, and I think more people would benefit from reading it.
I know myself, sometimes my own reviews are the annoying "great story, keep it up!" types, I know these are not very productive, but it's always nice to hear something positive right? Lately though, I've been trying to make a better effort when I review someone to leave a review that they can actually take something from, because I really do appreciate when the favor is returned. I also plan on trying to reply to reviews more often, provided their messaging system is not disabled.
I've also starting joining forums and playing the review games, review for a review. This has been interesting and I've found two stories that I intend on continuing to read that are really good, and outside of my usual genre preference.

Anyway, if you do decide to review one of my stories, please check out "Come Back To Me"
Thank you! :)
Skyfallen Moon chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Haha, your last sentence made me laugh... XD
I'm reviewing this essay now not because I'd like you to return a review (hell, I'm not even a writer, just a passionate reader) but because I really believe you deserved it and I find your tips very useful.
I haven't been on FictionPress for long time now, I'm an author on FanFiction but I do enjoy reading original work of other people and just like you've said I have an opportunity to express my opinion through it. I'm always trying to do so because I know how much a few simple words can brighten someone's day! So... I think you did an awesome job with this essay and I will surely read the rest of your tips for new writers!
Have a nice day! ;)
Lullaby's Requiem chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Wow! This was really helpful for me. I haven't really thought that reviewing someone else's work can lead anyone to read your own work. Being a beginner writer, works like this really help me find ways to attract readers. Thank you. I do have one question, though. In your first paragraph, in the first line, shouldn't it be "would rather talk [than] listen." You used then. I'm not too sure if you did that on purpose.
MethodlessMadness chapter 2 . 7/6/2013
This was nice! You have a witty, dry writing style that I enjoy... and after reading this I am determined not to write a "meh" review. This gave me a whole lot more info about reviews, flames, etc. and am now equipped with the knowledge needed to... do... stuff. (Short for words today.) Can you please check out some of my stuff and review? Anything? Please? :)
Unxious Custard chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Hi, I enjoyed reading this, and learned quite a bit in the reading too. Your sense of humour "let the goodwill, mass-reviewing orgy thing" had me giggling throughout. Two comments on reviews: i think it might be helpful to comment on whether or not you liked the writing style, which can be made up of use of adjectives and adverbs - or lack thereof, characterisation, length of sentences, punctuation usuage - or lack therefore, and a whole host of other things. My pet hates are too many adverbs, expecially lots of different ways to say said. By the time I've got through murmered, muttered, mumbled, mimed and all of the other 25 letters of the alphabet masquerading as said, I've forgotten what the story is about. The other thing I think might be useful to comment on is whether the theme of the story grabs you, and if it does why, and if not why not. Some people are great at developing characters, but a bit rubbish at story line, and vice versa. Anyway, that's my two pennies worth - you've got to guess I'm from the UK now. Hope you do read my story, I can't wait for your review - at least I know there will be laughter.
Harriet Usher chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
(snerk) I'm starting to really like reading your essays. They're quietly witty but very helpful at the same time. I do my best to answer every review I get, but this is awkward sometimes: if they just wrote "I liked this," I'm often not sure what to say other than "thank you." Also, I do believe I'll now go search for the King of Id, on the basis that they have an interesting pen name.
(So yes. It does work.)
Miss Instant Noodles chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
Wow! This was great! Honestly, I never thought about all those different kind of reviews that way. I never really thought of answering someone's review before, but considering how no one ever really reviews people's stories anymore, I think it's a great give-and-take idea!
98 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »