Reviews for The Feng Shui of Review
natmarie chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Stumbled upon this and found it so true. Glad that there is a piece out there on how to submit a quality review. :D It can be so helpful when done right and such a pain when it is merely a "loved it!" or "update soon." Marvelous.
WildWingedWarrior chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I took your point of opening the review box while reading. Rashied may be a bastard, but I have to disagree that Darth Vader is evil. Sure, he blew up a planet, but he's not evil. He's just a bit misguided.

As a response to your response in question 4 of FAQs, sort of: they taught creative writing in my school, and by golly I took it! )

And finally, in which story can I find Snor'Kell?
flight06 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Fun essay. You give some interesting tips, many of which I abide by myself. I've been told to find at least two good and bad comments/suggestions in every piece. If you haven't found those, then you didn't look hard enough.

Of course, this is a review, but I don't really want to review an essay about reviewing, so I'm not, really. That's a fair amount of "really"s.

I hope you read this :)
yuanyuan chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
hi !

yuanyuan chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
hi !

lili999 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Discount Nike Shox TL Store ( )

Discount Nike Shox TL 2 Shoes Store ()

Discount Nike Shox TL 3 Distributor ( )

Discount Nike Shox Bmw Shoes Distributor ( )

Discount Nike Shox Elite Shoes Manufacturer

Discount Nike Shox R4 Running Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox R5 Mens Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox Ride Womens Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox Rival Shoes Wholesaler )

Discount Nike Shox Energia Wholesaler ( )

Discount Nike Shox LV Sneaker ( )

Discount Nike Shox Turbo Suppliers ( )
Robin Leigh chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll definitely give better reviews. I love getting them and I want to really do good and make others' day.
OrchidGemstar chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Wonderful, wonderful post. I found it very entertaining and informative. It has encouraged me to write more reviews... Hopefully, with practice, I will be able to give good, long, helpful and insightful reviews, but this is my first. Good job! I really like your voice. (FYI, I found nothing to critique during my read throughs :))
Prinnydood02 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I just happened to stumble upon this essay and I must say it was an interesting read.

I know how it feels to put your heart into a story with all the planning and what-not only to get zero reviews or worse, a review that doesn't offer anything other than "I've seen better on this site" or never give constructive criticism on how I can make it better.

I'm definitely going to use this as my bible for giving out reviews.

Prinnydood02
annoyance chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
This was very interesting. (Sorry that this is a meh review XD)
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 2 . 5/23/2009
I'll just ask what C2 means...well I know it's a community archive but I don't know what those two characters stand for...
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I write haiku that's why I don't expect reviews more than five...unless mine is damn great to have reviewers of ten and up...
fatbird33 chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
good solid definitions. thank you for teaching me the ways of reviews.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
it might change someone's destiny. :) nice. I have the POWER! *laughs maniaclly*

"3. If you only read the third book in my trilogy/the second chapter/the explanation story that I linked to I’d have explained that!" oh my goodness. i hate it when people do that!

oh yes and then the school thing. also i love it when people put in their summaries, my friends said it was good. (some people need better friends)

what a fantastic essay. nice work. o! another chapter...
Solitary Fatalist chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Like everything I've read from you so far, Sage, this is inconceivably helpful..

Actually, I've read your work a long time ago (on a different account, it was the Guide to Things a Fantasy Author should Never Do), and I didn't think of it much.. I thought it was too contradictory with my style of writing that I ignored it.. But then again, it gave me insight on what other people like.. Back then I wrote only what I liked.. It was very helpful indeed..

So I read more.. This time though, I agree with you a hundred percent.. You gave a very thorough analysis of reviews and reviewing and some very good advice.. Although, I might add, that there are people who choose not to review but also enjoyed the story they have just read.. There are some people who are taciturn, or lazy, or they just don't have anything to say.. Of course, I'm talking about people like me.. Just because a story doesn't get reviews does not mean that no one enjoyed it..

But, I do not, nor will I ever, discourage reviewing.. People who cared enough to open the review box and write something not insulting are positively godsent..

I've said a lot, haven't I? Who am I to say these things anyway?

Do not bother to review back, Sage, because there will be nothing on my account to review on..
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »