Reviews for The Feng Shui of Review
Holly Jay Platt chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I really like your "How To" essays. Your style of writing keeps me entertained as I learn how to improve my own writing and I appreciate that. I've read most of your essays and I like all that I've read, but I'm really bad about reviewing.

I think this piece would be better with more examples (excluding Chapter 2) because I got lost more than once. Maybe proofread it again?

Under "1. Why to Review" is 'firstly' a word? I certainly don't think so.

Could you put my story "What Happened to the Way Out" (/s/2850022/1/What_Happened_to_the_Easy_Way_Out) on your C2? And if you're still returning reviews, it's the same story.

Holly J.
Ryhona chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
I found this in the links section of "Writing Help" in the A Drop of Romeo site, and seriously, I'm so glad I found it! I've always had questions about why I don't get that many reviews and you answered my questions perfectly! Thank you SO MUCH!

Also, could you put my two stories on your C2? They are:

When Your Best Friend's Brother Steals Your Heart

The UnDiary of a Cynical Romantic

Thanks again!
chocolate and bananas chapter 2 . 9/9/2010
I don't have a FictionPress account (quite obviously), but I thrive in the FanFiction community, and seriously - 'meh' reviewers irk me. Not that I don't appreciate them, of course, because I make it a point to thank every reviewer, it's just that I'd really like more CCs, or at the very least, critiques.

Thank you for writing this essay. It's good to know that there are still people out there who realize the whole point of this site, which is to improve in one's writing. (And what other way than by listening to other people's comments, yes?)

Have a great day.

- chocolate and bananas.
Der Adler Des Mondes chapter 2 . 8/14/2010
Thank you so much for writing this guide!

This helped me in my ever expanding quest to review like mad as well as to write like a energy bunny.

Could you please add my Scifi story into your community?

It is titled "Exploring is not Always Easy".

In addition I return reviews and I am a "just in monster" (hovers over just in page with coffee and reviews in hand).
natmarie chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Stumbled upon this and found it so true. Glad that there is a piece out there on how to submit a quality review. :D It can be so helpful when done right and such a pain when it is merely a "loved it!" or "update soon." Marvelous.
WildWingedWarrior chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I took your point of opening the review box while reading. Rashied may be a bastard, but I have to disagree that Darth Vader is evil. Sure, he blew up a planet, but he's not evil. He's just a bit misguided.

As a response to your response in question 4 of FAQs, sort of: they taught creative writing in my school, and by golly I took it! )

And finally, in which story can I find Snor'Kell?
flight06 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Fun essay. You give some interesting tips, many of which I abide by myself. I've been told to find at least two good and bad comments/suggestions in every piece. If you haven't found those, then you didn't look hard enough.

Of course, this is a review, but I don't really want to review an essay about reviewing, so I'm not, really. That's a fair amount of "really"s.

I hope you read this :)
yuanyuan chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
hi !

yuanyuan chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
hi !

lili999 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Discount Nike Shox TL Store ( )

Discount Nike Shox TL 2 Shoes Store ()

Discount Nike Shox TL 3 Distributor ( )

Discount Nike Shox Bmw Shoes Distributor ( )

Discount Nike Shox Elite Shoes Manufacturer

Discount Nike Shox R4 Running Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox R5 Mens Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox Ride Womens Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Shox Rival Shoes Wholesaler )

Discount Nike Shox Energia Wholesaler ( )

Discount Nike Shox LV Sneaker ( )

Discount Nike Shox Turbo Suppliers ( )
Robin Leigh chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll definitely give better reviews. I love getting them and I want to really do good and make others' day.
OrchidGemstar chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Wonderful, wonderful post. I found it very entertaining and informative. It has encouraged me to write more reviews... Hopefully, with practice, I will be able to give good, long, helpful and insightful reviews, but this is my first. Good job! I really like your voice. (FYI, I found nothing to critique during my read throughs :))
Prinnydood02 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I just happened to stumble upon this essay and I must say it was an interesting read.

I know how it feels to put your heart into a story with all the planning and what-not only to get zero reviews or worse, a review that doesn't offer anything other than "I've seen better on this site" or never give constructive criticism on how I can make it better.

I'm definitely going to use this as my bible for giving out reviews.

annoyance chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
This was very interesting. (Sorry that this is a meh review XD)
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 2 . 5/23/2009
I'll just ask what C2 means...well I know it's a community archive but I don't know what those two characters stand for...
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »