Reviews for The Spinster Society
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
This was beautifully well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to say that I enjoyed the descriptions the most. They weren't too long or too brief. It was a wonderful beginning and I would love to see more if you are willing to write it.
kjm92 chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I like your story so far.
SnowCharms chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Oh my, such severe ultimatums for such young girls indeed. Well, it'll be interesting to see them struggling between upholding their vow and following their hearts. Update!
defuncto chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Cool! I can't wait to see how this story progresses... Update soon!
LadyPup chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Very well written. I'd write a more lengthy comment, but it's late, and I simply wanted to add this to my favorites list. Keep writing!
Ayrith chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
I like this. The language is refreshing. I await with anticipation for another update.
anna chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
very interesting so far. would love to see more. update soon.
Gabby chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
I love this already! It just has this kind of suspense, like you know what's going to happen next, but then again, you really don't. I love suspensefulness in stories in general. Being cliche all the time would be no fun. So Just so you know, I hope to follow this!
Alyson James chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
Your title definitely caught my eye. I think it would appeal to most writers, since unfortunately we tend to be fairly reclusive people. I must admit I was a little skeptical once I saw it was Brit. Lit, but I was very impressed.

I just love your writing style, you're not vague about things. Most authors would say she "stood there awkwardly" and leave you to kind of fill in her stance, but I thought it was brilliant when you said, "She just stood there rather awkwardly, as though awaiting dismissal", becuase the reader doesn't have to infer anything, I immediately got a clear picture of exactly what you intended the character to be doing.

Fabulous!