Reviews for Sand Ghost: Mercenary of the Desert
Therese chapter 10 . 12/17/2009
Good. The ending suited Mint's character. If it ended with them trotting off into that proverbial sunset I was going to be a little upset.

It's a smart decision to have Mint continue living his vagabond life; ransoming other girls and shooting up other things.

Thanks for bringing this to fictionpress :)
Therese chapter 2 . 12/17/2009
I like your portrayal of Mint. Makes me think of Flint from the book Flint by some western writer..hmm
DropDeadRomantic chapter 10 . 10/8/2008
Oh man! He just left her! Dang. Maybe you could do a sequel!
DontTrustAnyoneOver80 chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
i really liked this story

it concluded well but i still i wanna know more

maybe a sand ghost2?
holiday road chapter 10 . 1/2/2008
...when I finished this, I felt a knot loosen up in my chest.

Klenny didn't turn out to be one of those irritating female hostages that tend to pop up in most stories like this, and I'm so glad. The fact that she's a good shot and able to handle sex already sets her apart.

And Mint's awesome, too. He's hella mysterious... like, I think his character was written really well. Sometimes characters that are supposed to be like him wind up seeming played out and old, but his actions were never too easy to predict or textbook-ish.

And, I just have to say this: I LOVE how it wasn't bogged down with those long, irritating paragraphs giving backstories. I'm not referring to how you may want to elaborate on it, I just mean in general. There weren't any of those bazillion line paragraphs going on and on about Mint and Rain Petal and Sandra and Klenny and all that bla bla bla stuff. This is probably more of a personal preference that may not be a big hit with other readers, but I LOVED that.

I really enjoyed this and if you plan on fattening it up, then there's a high chance that I'll be reading it again!

By the way, I forgot to mention this; in the last chapter one of the girls (Sandra, I think) has a gun, and you wrote 'oozy' but I'm pretty sure you meant 'uzi'. I may be wrong, but I'm almost positive that it's spelt uzi 'cause I used to have a gun-crush on those.
holiday road chapter 3 . 1/2/2008
I knew I had to finish this, so if this review sucks it's because I'm half asleep...

I like the little fantasizing about how she thought he'd be some uber hotty hahaha I dunno why, but now I keep thinking about Trigun. I dunno if this was what you were aiming for, but this is seriously just like those old manga... I dunno if cyberpunk is the best word, but it's making me think of those.

And this line made me laugh:

[“Curse you, Sand Ghost! I’ll get you!” Another nasally, defeated howl.]

I just envisioned that old scene of someone waving their fist and carrying out the 'you!' hahaha I love that part...
holiday road chapter 2 . 9/15/2007
I'll admit that at first I thought the name "Mint" was pushing the creative line, but (and I dunno how) I got over it pretty damn quick. I wouldn't bless anyone else with that unique moniker, but I'll admit it's got me. The name does something for the character in his case.

Okay, I just noticed this (it's cause I write the review as I read); the narration is in third person, right? But you're using that...um... I forget what it's called... like the narrator who doesn't only know what the protaganist is thinking and such. I noticed that when you wrote about Klenny (I'm hoping that's her name) making a face at his back and her thoughts on him. So, unless Klenny is actually the main character or I'm a complete dumbass (both of which are very possible) I thought I should point out that you managed to do the omnicent narrator thing without coming across as a complete idiot.

Okay, regarding Mint... I'm thinking... I'm not really a pro with the whole analyzing a story and character thing so you might have to give me a break. I don't really know too much about Mint to the point where I can expect what he'll do and such, but I have a good idea on what he won't do and I feel like I know enough to be surprised by any totally out-of-character actions. He seems kind of stoical and honest but doesn't aim to hurt any feelings. So he's not a spiteful douchebag. He seems like one of those "this is strictly business" guys.

I like how Klenny isn't the main character, though. And how you haven't given us a splurge of physical descriptions.

I'm enjoying it so far )
holiday road chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
So is Sand Ghost his nickname? And whats the girl's name? Cool so far, gotta go on...
Kristine chapter 10 . 4/17/2007
WOW! This was one of the best stories I've read in a LONG time! It's SO cute! And HILARIOUS! I think you should write a bunch of stories about Mint. He's kinda like 007. Or at least that's what I thought while reading this! AWESOME story!

~Kristine
TwinkleHeart chapter 10 . 4/12/2007
lolz this story was crazii i dunno what 2 say...woww
Spinning Lights chapter 7 . 4/12/2007
jajaja i like this story its funny. :P

how come everyone has nicknames and stuff?
Creative Destruction chapter 8 . 2/26/2007
hahaha. that was funny. Talking while doing the dirty deed. lol. But hey, so uh...is Klenny ugly and fat or what? lol. I'm assuming she's thin and pretty and he's just been saying that all along to be a jerk and make her hate him or whatever. But hey, it's about freaking time they got together! And her fiance seems like a cowardly bastard. And her sister seems like a bitch. And this Sandra and Rain Petal and the wheelchair guy thing battle they have going on with Mint is strangely confusing. They want to kill him but they save him? Hmm. Well, update soon!
Creative Destruction chapter 6 . 2/21/2007
Um...that sucks. lol
Creative Destruction chapter 5 . 2/20/2007
Lol. What's wrong with having a lip ring? And btw, is this supposed to be based on futuristic times or is it just some world you made up? I'm not really sure. In any case, lip rings are sexy and I want one. :)
Creative Destruction chapter 4 . 2/19/2007
I'm assuming Frankford is her fiance. Hm? Oh dear. She's going to fall in love with him. Uh oh.