Reviews for Changing Carver
Earthling Queen chapter 3 . 6/27/2009
You might have had a good storyline if not for the fact that you treat it like a television series. Before you start, you should have some idea where you intend for it to end up, and what you want to happen. You can't keep springing things out of the blue like half-brothers, secret agents, old childhood friends who were apparently the same age - 6 - in the second grade when Nikole was supposed to older then everyone, french people who don't speak any french, cousins who want to kill, sexy judges... It's like this is a soap opera and not a story.
Cramelity chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
I think this is a really good storyline and a great way to start it off. I was kind of surprised by Carver's sex mania.

Other than the lack of commas in some places, it's a good story : )
N.L. Mars chapter 3 . 7/8/2008
Okay, I still haven't read the whole of this story, but I'm not liking the protagonist very muchly.

She seems too perfect:

-Drop dead gorgeous

-A genius

-Cool, calm and collected

-A model (since when?)

-A secret angent

-Every guy seems to be madly in love with her, or at least wants her.

She seems too Mary-Sue-ish, no offence.

Though, I'll have to see how it ends to fully judge her character, but so far I'm getting the impression she's too perfect for words.

But it still is a good story with an interesting plot.

I loved the first chapter, with Nikole's and Carver's first meeting. A legendary exchange of words!

Good work.

Tristanlover11 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Hm. Interesting. The only critique I have to say is the absence of commas. "Thanks." Nikole said should be "Thanks," Nikole said. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. On to Chapter Deux!
Keiria Encrypt chapter 23 . 12/19/2007
Lazy ass me forgot to review. Anyway, it's a pretty good story despite the mistakes in the middle. I like Angel more the I do Nikole and Carver really can't be changed.
Keiria Encrypt chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Intresting so far.

Liking Nikole and the bet she and Carver mad. Never heard of a bet like that before. And adding in a former Marine... so far I see a nice plot.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Uh-oh, this spells trouble if both Nikole and Carver are living under the same roof if they have their bet still going on. I am intrigued with what will happen between them in the future and whether or not he will win the bet.

Carver really sounds like a player - a disrepectful one at that too - and I don't like the look of him one bit at all. His attitude towards women is totally appaling and I can't believe that he literally forces himself onto women, seeing them as conquests. If I there were I would love to slap him around the face. I think that all the women he met submitted to him easily and gave up without a fight. That's why he thinks that women are easy to him cos of his good looks, personality and confidence.

Nikole - I really, really like that and good on her for standing up to that bastard Carver! At least she is a challenge to him and doesn't come willingly to him. I love the way how she insults him and fights him back word for word. Anyway serves him right I guess. I love how you portrayed her and I know she won't take shit from anyway especially him. Something tells me she isn't impressed with him one bit at all hehe.

I'll continue to keep on reading this story and review every chapter I read. Carry on with the excellent work and this is such an interesting first chapter :)
Hoodwynk chapter 23 . 12/2/2007
Okay, nice conclusion. I liked how she stood up to Carver
Hoodwynk chapter 22 . 12/2/2007
Um, this really feels like it is dragging out. It's like reading the same chapter repeatedly, with small alterations. The chapters are interesting though.
Hoodwynk chapter 21 . 12/2/2007
Nice family trauma- a nice change from the brutal, killing, hostage sort, though that's good too.
Hoodwynk chapter 20 . 12/2/2007
I like that she took the iniative to move out of that town, but why does she seem like the only one to have issues. Angel might want to have some problems too, though it is fun to focus on your fav. charie.
Hoodwynk chapter 19 . 12/2/2007
I like Angel in this one- he sounds thirty. Wouldn't Nikole exclude her mother from the wedding. Susan sounds violent and mentally unstable, though she is her mother.
Hoodwynk chapter 18 . 12/2/2007
Yes, good gather up chapter. It cleared everything up that was essential.
Hoodwynk chapter 17 . 12/1/2007
Okay, I'm a bit confused. Was Carver upset because Mr. Elton was his special friend, or did he like Nikki? If it was the latter, so cute/sweet, even though it turned into an obsession and him evil. Mr. Elton doesn't happen to be named after the one in Emma.
Hoodwynk chapter 16 . 12/1/2007
This really came off as Phil being her father- first impression. And I really, really, want Carver to die- or become *ahem* a gelding. Maybe the latter then the former. God, he is really is a great charie to hate- more so because of the hundred chances she gave him, her compassion for him, and their hisroty. Nice Villian
78 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »