Reviews for Written in the Rain
Drgnfly chapter 4 . 3/14/2007
Hello! Well this IS an interesting project, not what you usually write but I find it quite refreshing. Certainly you have not lost your style at all, it's just a different perspective. I'm very curious of what you will do with this stroy. I'm so glad that you remember me and I loved to recieve your e-mail. How's life? I hope that well so you can have time to write for this new story. YAY! lol

Love

Drgnfly
123123123123123po chapter 4 . 3/13/2007
omg so0o0o0o0o0o cute!

I love it
Murphy's Lawyer chapter 4 . 3/13/2007
Aw this is sweet, I loved it. Update soon!

- LL
dogsrock3 chapter 4 . 3/13/2007
that was a sweet chapter - please update soon
SitaDarkAngel chapter 4 . 3/13/2007
Ah, we finally meet Miss Yarrow. And yes, she's defenitely pining over John. I'm afraid she's going to play a part in Fred's scheme, because I'm sure that Fred's got something up his sleeve! I'm not sure John is not going to react non violently about that. So I can't wait to read about that. Later on. For now I'll be the most patient person I can be.

With Cherrywood cottage, I have the impression that John and Sara already have a home of their own. As I already said in my last review : CUTE! They are so CUTE! I love them!

It's nice to have their background story and to know how they got where they are now. This story is flowing really well. I'm surprised Sara was the one to make the first step. Not surprise at all. Neither am I surprised that John tried, in his own way to act the way people expected him to act, and try to let go of her. But I'm glad he didn't resist her little plan. And she's memding his clothes! She's acting like his better half alright. There a sentence that I really liked :

"They never spoke about their feelings, some things didn’t need to be spelled out when you loved like they did." I kiked that.

There is something really mature and yet pure in the way you write Kate and Lord S.' interaction. His surge of protectiveness toward her. The way they touch. It seems to me that Kate is a bit more vulnerable than Sara. That girl has some spunk where Sara has pose and diplomacy...I wonder what Kate thinks of Sara and John's story. Coz that's sure going to influence the way she sees Lord S. I think.

I think in more ways that not, she's a lot like her brother. I think that if the 'thing' between her and Lord S develops, she's going to freak out...But then again those are just friendly guess, patiently waiting for your next update.
SitaDarkAngel chapter 3 . 3/13/2007
Hey there I'm sorry I didn't review earlier. I had to study coz I had exams last weeks : it was quite interesting because as you know I broke my wrist, so it's not like I can write, so I had to do my exam all alone, in a room, on a computer with no internet of course. I still have another 2 this week but I finally managed to scrap more than 10 minutes to read this chapter and enjoy it.

Anyway, back to my review. John and Sara are so cute! And there are so in love! I mean not in lust but really in love...all the attention Sara as about John and his moods :

"Sara had always been able to tell John’s moods by his eyes. They were normally sky blue – with a darker blue rim around the irises – but they darkened to cobalt when he was excited about something – or when he was going to kiss her, something that happened all too infrequently for Sara’s liking – and they seemed to pale to grey and flash when he was angry."

There're lucky to have found that kind of love, so young. And as I said it's really CUTE! She really acts already as if she was is better half... For example, the way she answered her uncle about the new built school. Oh and the fact that she's jealous of Miss Yarrow! And the way she 'managed' John as Lord Stappleton says it. So CUTE.

And John is so cautious and yet, desperately in LOVE!

Fred whines? Can't say I'm surprised, he did that a lot in the first chapter if I remember correctly. I know him and Nigel will be trouble. But that I already told you in my last review, I think.

Another really cute couple is Lord S and Kate. What are you preparing for those two? I can't wait to read more about them.

I know everything is going to be fine. Coz you're the writer of this little gem...My sister brought some brownies home (special brownies with cherries inside) I hope you like brownies.
emerald chapter 4 . 3/12/2007
Well, fast though exciting. Maybe just the missing of Fred in this chapter makes me so happy. Anyways you wrote about John and Sara's gradual relationship building well. Hmm, Kate and Lord Stapleton's relationship seems to be progressing too, it's sweet but it still creeps me out, badly - the age difference. A twenty year old with a 40 or older year old ...yeah okay I should stop with the ranting on that subject, but still ugh, it's gross, sorry I don't know why but I can't accept it. Kate is young and preety, and Stapleton is too old for her. Anyways overall I like the story, especially the main plot, John and Sara are just too sweet to resist, keep on writing!
OoohLookACat chapter 4 . 3/12/2007
aw

too cute

love sara and john

stuff everyone else

and let's just kill off nigel and fred, okay?

please?

i don't like those two.

they suck.

i hate them.

but sara and john and of course, Lord Stapleton (does he have a first name?) and Kate -

way too cute!

can't wait for more

izzie
swimchickslam chapter 4 . 3/12/2007
Whe! Romantic fluff :)
noriepie chapter 3 . 3/9/2007
I like the idea of the story, however it would be cooler if it is actually written as if it was in the 1800s. You know how the classics are written. The style and wording is different. It would be hard to manage exactly like the structure of a novel from that age, but an attempt like it would be better because it would keep the readers in that world. Now it sounds too unrealistic. You have great imagination for this, and you are very creative. I know you can write better, and make it not cliched and original. There are simple mistakes in the story; but the simplest ones causes the most destruction to a story. It just takes away a story's and writer's credibility.

Nevertheless - is one word. Excited, not exited. “Tomorrow I’ll ask Mr. Sowerby and Mrs. Sowerby to move up here..." You could just say "The Sowerbies". And of course we know Mr. and Mrs. Sowerby are husband and wife.I don't think venerable is the right word to use because it sounds off. Better "respected". I don't think "palling" is spelled correctly. The sentence would be more effective if you said something like "her face immediately whitened".

Well, I hope I don't sound too harsh, I do like you and your writing. But I hope to see better effort to make this story seem real and original.
swimchickslam chapter 3 . 3/8/2007
Ooh :) I'm lookin forward to the next installment :)
volopurus chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
“I don’t want you to get sick, and you can’t go home change or you’ll get all wet again.”

"...and you can't go home to change-you'd get all wet again!"

“Sorry, I got work to do..."

"Sorry, I have got work to do..."

“I don’t know what manners did you learn in your Grand Tour, Frederick, but that is no way to address a young lady. So, ask Miss Parker again, in a manner that it’s appropriate.”

I don't know what manners you learned..."

“My lord, that’s alright.” Kate said gently. “And yes, all the rooms are ready.”

"...all the rooms are prepared."
Fallen-Rose-Petals-16 chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
Fred just becomes more and more of an asshole. But I just have one question: Are John and Sara like sorta together or something, because I know that they love each other but...I don't know...they don't exactly act like friends.
dogsrock3 chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
i liked it. please update soon!
123123123123123po chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
so are sara and john already dating?
283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »