Reviews for Breaking the fourth wall and beyond: The Mary Sue
Kohlomere chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Hahaha! She's emo-what a pity. Isn't it the truth though? So perfect, oh so perfect with her beauty, her romance and her anguish, this Mary-Sue. Fantastic, E.
kaylajac chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Ooh, this is...well, where do I begin? The whole thing feels like an enigma. Multi-faceted. I've seen plenty of Mary Sues, and I've seen plenty of Mary Sue parodies, but this is something different. This actually relates to the Mary Sue, which is unusual, but definitely a good thing if you pull it off well- which you did. I also like that breaking-the-fourth-wall feel to it, that always intrigues me.

Overall, very nice.
FoxyGrampa chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Subtle? Not to me. Hahaha. Cynical? Definitely, and I like it. Self-depricating? I think we all have started with mary-sues. There's nothing wrong with it, since it's just where a lot of writers start. Of course you have to build from that, and you should start as soon as you take to writing original fiction and not just fun fanfiction anymore, but not everyone realizes this.

I liked this piece, though. It made me laugh. c: I think you sort of got the point of what a mary-sue really is-someone to damn perfect for their own good. Haha.