Reviews for Sins of the Island
Scriva chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Had me hooked from the start.

If it were food, it would be delicately yummy at first and then sweet and frothy and tingly at the end.

lessthan3
Lakada chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
It's really, really good. I love how you describe things, such as "in his boyish quiet way he knows something is happening". The only thing I would have to say is that you might want to review it one more time for run-on sentances and grammar of the sort.
E.B. Rowling chapter 2 . 5/3/2007
This one was just as impressive. These charecters are very well-thought out. The overflow-boobs part, though, surprised me. This is such an artistic, intullectual piece, and talking about boobs was sort of odd, sticking out awkwardly. But it's your choice whether you want that or not.

I'm attempting at thinking of critiques, but all are stupid and pointless.

I can say one thing:

Good job.

Phenomenal!
E.B. Rowling chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
That was the most impressive thing I've read all week, and I read quite a lot on Fictionpress.

Sometimes, the large vocabulary you use seems showy, but only for a split second. The words fit in perfectly. The charecters, thorugh this short story, are well thought-out and developed. I feel like I know them or something.

One thing:

"“!” yawping noise"

What's that? That just doesn't make any sense to me, putting exclamation marks in quotes.

But good job. I'm on to the next chapter.
Angry Man chapter 2 . 3/18/2007
I'd rate this T rather than K, but that's just me. It was interesting, but there was a tad more sexual innuendo than I was expecting. But if it's necessary, it's necessary. It's your book, after all.

Ryan Nolen Sheen? Interesting name...

I really think that letting me read what you've got so far would help things. Not on your side, maybe, but it might help me be less of a total... inconsiderate jerk.

I think we would both agree that I'm the one of us who needs fixing.
Marie Ellen chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Wow, I really like this so far and will be looking forward to an update!

I guess I'm confused though-it feels like it's almost of another world-like, who is the brother "aligned" with? And why is there some sort of ritual for the fifteenth birthday, or is it just a thing Tally and Addison do? I'm not quite certain I understand the relationship between these two.

The characters are great though-I'm interested in all of them, especially Tally and Addison (well, of course, they're the main characters of this part). Post more, please!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
That was beautiful. You've matured as a writer, Kayte.