Reviews for summers were for running
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I love this. Breaking the rules. Living outside the box. Being free. You incorporate these concepts so well without it seeming forced. Great.
rage of aquarius chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
there is something in this that is inherently feminist. it makes me ache with its beauty, and for my own nostalgia, and for my wish that i'd realized the truth in this poem a long time ago.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
This truly captures a great deal of the divide between innocence and the "real" world. The way that the character is described and portrayed really paints a vivid relatable picture. I like how you've brought in the specifics of a tomboy unknown. Especially the mothers response to what might happen in the future if she remains that carefree way. Very slice of life. Excellent visual scene. Great write.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Pretty pretty pretty.

Oh, yes. This is so pretty.

- Noelle
she smolders chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
I know how great it feels to break a few rules sometimes and just enjoy being your own person. The title of this is also so true since I think of my summers in the same away and the line breaks are very effective.
tangelos chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
i cannot help but fall in love with the girl in your poem although i must have seen her before someowhere else- she is almost the typical spunky heroine, very contemporary, very likeable. interesting syntax in lines like "no place for unripped/dresses" and "misplaced displeasure". Your line breaks give me a sense of meaning despite the apparent chaos. do keep writing! :)
bR0k3N chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
This was really good. The flow of it was smooth and I just really liked it!