Reviews for The Return
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
That was very beautiful. Flowed very nicely and I enjoyed the word choice and feeling it evoked. Keep it up!

-PQ
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
I like the tangibility of the images in this. Very vibrant, and yet haunting in a way. It speaks of a greater overall concept than the specifics entail. "ghostly in the canopy", is marvelous phrasework. Well written.
darknessblooms chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I like the dedication you put for the description of this piece. This reminds me of how I feel when I finally finish a piece of prose, or poetry, or artwork. It feels exactly "like footsteps [returning] to the dawning shore." Thank you for the reminder. Maybe I should stop stalling and throw myself back into my art.
Libertas chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
I like how this poem flows so nicely, especially the second stanza! There's some very beautiful phrases there.. 'sand-in-seashell song', 'footsteps to the dawning shore', and so on. Do keep writing! :)
eldrin chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
This is rather gorgeous. The flow, the tone, are lovely. You've certainly mastered the sounds that it takes to enforce this strong-wistful, nostalgia turned to future sight tone. Then, of course, there's the wonderful imagery-turned-symbolism of the fronds/fruit/bud that just fills me with delight. And some remarkable turns of phrase: "as much as the night could see" and "sand-in-seashell song." If this is just the beginning of the return to writing, I can't wait to see what else you bring out. Good work.