Reviews for Silent Songbird
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I had to look up what the last line translated to, and I'm so glad I did. It's beautiful. The second stanza of this is just gorgeous - "nymph-glittered hair" "satin feather of a raven's wing" - that is just beautiful. Wonderful, soft, beautiful imagery. Keep writing! :)
antigonelives chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Pretty, and you get a brownie point for the French, which is my preferred language so yay!
R. Jalen chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
for once, something that's truly original. i love the poignant descriptions and the incorporation of french. my one comment is that chapter in french is chapitre, not chaptire. also the line elle est mon oiseau chanteur silencieux is a little weird with the genders. to stress the fact that the subject is female, try changing it to elle est ma oiseau chanteuse silencieuse (there's no real rule in french for female animals, unless they already have a specified different name - so you can basically fudge some things or make up your own variations. although i'd double check this, i'm only semi-fluent in french. also mon oiseau may be a little eaiser to pronounce than ma oiseau). anyway, great job!