Reviews for Smooth Move
gyoung chapter 23 . 5/22
I loved this story and recommended it to my cousin. I'm sure she'll like it was well.
Rae could be pretty annoying at times, but she is also a real character, the type of person that has no filter and actually voices real concerns us girls have at times (even though they are sometimes doubts born out of insecurity). My point is, I liked all characters, even Caleb!
My only concern is Wes' past...I wish it had been more elaborate.
Thanks for writing this amazing story!
gyoung chapter 7 . 5/20
I know why I like Rachel, I can relate to her on several aspects: no partying, assuming stuff from other people, and even at times twisting words or implying stuff...Yeesh, it was like reading my thoughts on a computer screen. Great story, I really like it. Rachel's also very funny, even her sarcasm makes me laugh.
gyoung chapter 3 . 5/20
I am truly enjoying reading your story. I like how it is written.
gyoung chapter 1 . 5/19
You have made me laugh within the first chapter. Definitely going to be worth reading! I kinda like Wes already...which is also a good reason to continue reading.
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, this review was written for it: Of course you know a story is going to be good if it is authored by the genius that is DancingChaChaFruit, and Smooth Move certainly lives up to these expectations.

Firstly, it’s laugh-out-loud hilarious, with lots of sarcasm, awkward moments and Rae’s endearing clumsiness. The story starts with Rae lying on the floor of a book store pretending to be dead so she does not have to admit that she fell over, wherein she meets Wes and the story progresses from there as Wes turns out to her blind date later that evening.

Rae makes for a strong, albeit a little irritating at times, protagonist who is convinced that the only males who like her are seriously flawed. She’s independent and always speaks without thinking. Her character progresses nicely over the story as she tries to be less abrasive and not retort sarcastically to everything.

Wes himself is charming yet shy, and he balances Rae well. He has a secret that Rae continually tries to discover that ChaCha keeps you in suspense of throughout that, if possible, only served to make me like him more.

ChaCha’s writing is brilliant with only a few grammatical errors and she fleshes out each character well. I particularly liked Rae’s best friend Izza, as she provides the voice of reason and though the two girls get along splendidly, she does occasionally get rather fed up with Rae.

Though the plot verges on the overdramatic at times, I feel it doesn’t detract from the whole as everything is largely driven by Rae and she reads far too many romance novels (even in my expert opinion).

All in all, this was a very enjoyable story – if you want a light read that is I’m-about-to-wee-myself funny then this is definitely for you.
Sacha Adams chapter 19 . 8/5/2014
Can you make more books like this it is very interesting and at the same time sad, what I mean is that its just so loving and you feel like your in the story drifting away I really like the whole entire book . I read the whole entire book but I wanted to tell u how I felt about the book even though it said to write about the chapter
Booklover5624 chapter 23 . 5/7/2014
Oh my gosh so cute and amazing and ahhhh . Awwww why does it have to end !
JustAMemory chapter 23 . 4/12/2014
Hello! I'm trying to review all the stories I read (and the first step of this is backtracking and reviewing all the stories I've read previously that I can remember ...). I actually just read this one a couple weeks ago, and I found it on another users' Favourite Stories list.

I just want to let you know that I really enjoyed this (I think I read it in 24 hours) and I had a hard time putting it down. At one point I desperately had to go to sleep but I kept doing the "one more chapter..." thing because it seemed that every chapter, something pretty big went down and I always wanted to see what was coming up. It was also really neat to see your writing skills develop through the course of the story! I thought the last chapter (22) was pretty solid ... you mentioned at the end that you weren't sure how in-character Wes was, but I thought you kept him pretty consistent to his character, which can be difficult in emotional scenes. I wasn't as big a fan of the Epilogue - perhaps, especially if you find yourself struggling with them, consider just not posting an epilogue. This story for instance probably didn't need one (although I won't lie, I was glad to have one to read). But I'm aware this is falling on deaf ears since you probably don't come on here much anymore :)

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I had a lot of fun reading this story, and I may venture over to some of your others as well!
Guest chapter 22 . 2/18/2014
Beautiful
daisukiklove chapter 15 . 12/23/2013
I saw that coming I also kinda had this glint of hope saying he was gonna kiss her when er eyes were closed
A Little Bit of Reality chapter 23 . 12/9/2013
I simply love Wes! He's just the best!
The story's awesome. You are an amazing, amazing, amazing writer!
WAIT WAT chapter 6 . 9/25/2013
WOODSTOCK1969? her stories are awesome!
lily chapter 3 . 9/25/2013
Rae is 17 and her sis is 14? That makes no sense
The age gap is 3 years, meaning rae was three when her sis was born
rae's mom died when rae was 2
tht means no sister...
Frostyfriend96 chapter 23 . 8/4/2013
This was really cute! I loed Rae and Wes. Adorbs!

And go Marching Band! It's rare that marching band are in stories, which is sad cause I'm in it.

Frosty
leavesfallingup chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Electronics have magnified such qualities as being oblivious, insensitive, and self-centered. Now you can find someone who will listen to you or respond to your texts 24/7, so that you can take all of your worst qualities into bookstores, restaurants, fast-moving interstate freeways...

An interesting first chapter, though I can't imagine how Wes has made it into his teen years without strangling his sister of "accidentally" pushing her off a steep precipice.
1,402 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »