Reviews for Smooth Move
NoMoreMonkeys chapter 23 . 3/14/2009
Haha, this story was fantastic!
kdamu chapter 17 . 3/12/2009
i dont know why people dont like rae, because i really love her. haha. i love people like her. in fact, i find izzy's character really irritating. if she wasnt rae's best friend, i'd probably hate her as well.
emogirrll chapter 20 . 3/3/2009
hey dude im from b-more! old bay is AWESOME!
AnNe StRyDeR chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
gr8 story... i love the truth about forever!
on the edge of insanity chapter 8 . 2/18/2009
...In California they actually have a chain restaurant named El Taco Bueno haha so ya... just found it funny because I was re-reading this story like two months after my California vacation and was like HEYY I ate there! Because my dad and friends dad JUST had to eat at the Good Taco haha...ya sorry for the random story
Jaliy chapter 23 . 2/8/2009
Nice story..

A good read..

Jaliy!
AlmostCrazy chapter 23 . 1/24/2009
I loved this story - obviously, I mean, me being me. But still. It would have been funner if one of them was more daring or something. Even though I know you probably won't do that, especially for me. And, well, I don't review for every chapter, just the very last one. So it would be hella hard to sum eveything up. I don't thing there's anything to improve, even though the story is impossibly cliche and cheesy and everything. Though I do believe that I wished you would cut to the chase and make her realise she liked him already at around chapter 5 or something. So, that's basically what I wanted to say. I like Fateful friday more though, but I guess my all-time favorite is At The End Of The Day. Still, good job!
intercostalspace chapter 23 . 1/22/2009
oh you should definitely write an epilogue. you'll get good on it eventually :D

maybe something like them getting married and all that *grin*

nice fic. definitely the characters are not cliche!
intercostalspace chapter 3 . 1/21/2009
you know i am so embarrassed for her? LOL.
Ravina chapter 23 . 1/15/2009
Ah...it's beautiful!

I caught a bunch of tiny spelling/grammar errors but I don't remember them anymore, but there something that was glaringly obvious to me - in chapter 5, Caleb tells Rae how he knows that she and Izza were friends since second grade...and then later on in the chapter you have him asking Rae how long she knew Izza.

Oh, and doesn't "Ça va?" (in chapter 12) mean "How's it going?" or "How are you?" more than "What's up?"

Other than that...wowzers! Keep up the great job!

- Rebekah
Guest chapter 23 . 1/15/2009
Wow, I really loved this. This is one of the most satisfying stories I've read on FP in a while-thank you so much for such an excellent read.

I'm the kind of person that can appreciate complex and deep stories, but doesn't really love really depressing/dramatic/angsty stories because stories move me so deeply. (The type of story you mentioned trying, though-messed-up person and "fixer"-would be something I would read and probably enjoy, for example.) So I just want to thank you for making me smile and even laugh out loud so much.

I really loved the characters. I guess you had a lot of people say they didn't like Rae? But I don't know, maybe I'm weird or something-I'm not just trying to flatter you-I liked her from the beginning. I found her very adorable and endearing, because she's almost like a caricature of my own flaws. I have my awkward and clumsy moments, but she has them constantly-which is amusing, interesting, and-endearing. It's kind of like Holden in The Catcher in the Rye, whom I couldn't help liking despite disliking him so much because he just has so many flaws that everyone can relate to him somehow.

Wes is also great. He's the kind of guy that someone could really fall for. He encompasses so many different traits-he's strong and caring and reserved and amazingly attractive but seemingly unaware-and they all make him who he is: a very lovable character. I'm so glad he was in pretty much every part of the story, because I always wanted to read more about him.

I liked Caleb okay, though not a ton, and I'm glad Caleb and Marissa worked out. Izza was adorable, and I liked Izza and Derrick. I actually think I would've liked to see a little more of Derrick, only because he is the boyfriend of Rae's best friend, after all-and he seemed interesting enough. I would've liked to see how he and Wes differed, but how these differences appealed to their respective girlfriends and what it showed about their respective personalities.

Oh. I also liked how Rae told Wes she loved him first, but Wes kissed her first. Usually, if the girl makes the first move, she does both, but I kind of don't like it when the girl makes the first move. I guess it was necessary in the case with Wes, but I'm glad Wes manned up after that haha. :P

But yes-I really can't say this enough, I loved this story, and I loved Wes and I loved Rae. It's hard for me to pick out a weakest point for the story, because I wasn't really looking for that while I was reading. I would have preferred only italics or caps instead of bolding and underlining when trying to emphasize something, but that's hardly a deal breaker. Hmm I don't know! I know the story wasn't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and nothing comes to mind right now. I won't name something just to name something, but when I come back and reread this sometime, if something else pops up, I'll be sure to PM you and let you know. :)

Thanks once again for a thoroughly satisfying read. Have a great day. :)
Abc1234512 chapter 23 . 1/3/2009

Just started reading this. :]] Can't wait to see how it turns out! :D
Mikariangel chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
love this story! xD
blurrylights chapter 23 . 1/1/2009
This was such an awesome story..the characters were interesting, and it kept me gripped.

There were a few things I didn't like though:

-the letter..it wasn't dramatic, or even that bad. maybe i'm just missing the dramaticness of it?

-Izza. Sorry. She just irritated me beyond belief.

-I wish I knew if Caleb ended up happy. i know he had a date, but did they end up dating?

The weakest aspect: The characters. They were kind of flat..after you reached the halfway point. They didn't surprise or shock. They didn't do anything that exciting or different. I wish you had made them a bit deeper. Well, not Wes. But everyone else.

I liked:

-Rae's sweetness/selflessness

-Wes

Just kidding..i liked a lot about this story. It was funny, which was definitely a plus, and it was one of those feel good stories.

Overall, awesome job.