Reviews for Smooth Move
Yannick chapter 23 . 9/30/2007
I now know why you called it Smooth Move! YEASSH! I'm so smart. Oh yeah *starts doing a dance* ok, sorry. I like your story. Got no more to add to that, sorry.
CanesFanCatty chapter 23 . 9/27/2007
aww, I absolutely loved this story, it was so cute! Rae and Wes were adorable together, and I loved Rae's clumsiness and bluntness because it made her really real. you're a great writer and I fell in love with this story lol...

:D
Keeping.a.Secret chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
I literally screamed when you mentioned that bk. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! my fren lent it to me and i've been tryin to get it for myself,but since i live in jamaica it's not that easy to find a specific bk. the point of this review is to tell u how much i love "The Truth About Forever". I can't comment on the story yet, seeing as i stopped midway as soon as u mentioned the bk. ye that's it
dead.disco.doll chapter 23 . 9/16/2007
Oh. My. Gosh.

This is so amazing (for lack of a better word). I love this story. I just read the whole thing in like the past week. I couldn't stop reading. You are an amazingly talented writer.

So sad its over...

Okay, but you did want constructive criticism, so... Well, the only thing I can really think of is the plot. It's adorable and I love the beginning, but maybe a little more twist would have been good, you know? Just something that was like "woah" when you read it.

Overall, fabulous, captivating (right adjective?:]) story.
GNIP chapter 23 . 9/16/2007
u r so awesome, keep writing.
sky written chapter 23 . 9/10/2007
This story's been on my favourites for a while, so I figured I should drop a review or something. Apologies in advance if it rambles on a little... It might also be a little drawn out and long. My reviews tend to be disjointed lengthy masses of… incoherency.

This story is sort of a cliché, and melodramatic in parts, but I’m a sucker for drama and cliché, and you write dramatic cliché well. I like Rachel; she’s flawed (that sounds odd). She nags and she overreacts, but that makes sure she's not a Mary Sue. And besides, she loves books and reading, and that makes her awesome. I can completely sympathise with her with even the best books getting old eventually.

Caleb and Marissa got together, squee! Um, right, that makes me sound slightly like an obsessed fangirl with no life. Fangirl I am. But I like to think I have a life. You get the point, though. I know I should be going ‘yay, Rachel/Wes’, but I like the more minor characters getting semi happy endings, too.

I also like that they still fight, even if they’re being romantic and mushy. It keeps it more realistic. Though five months is a little short to fall in love so deeply, with Wes and Claire… But I’m being picky. The ending wasn’t cheesy, though. It would have been cheesy if you’d made them change completely, but you didn’t, and I’m really, really happy you didn’t. I could go on forever, but I’ll shut up now about that.

Constructive criticism… Um, I’d go with the descriptions of clothing, though I might be alone there. Giving mental pictures of the characters is good, but a whole paragraph dedicated to what the characters are wearing doesn’t usually sit that well with me; I tend to skim through those parts. And I’m not exactly a believer in love at first sight, so the whole ‘I love you’ routine isn’t exactly my favourite part… but I’m kind of sceptical, and I’m pretty sure everyone else love it. Other than that, I don’t really think there are any other flaws - a few typos and awkward sentence structure in places, but those are mistakes everyone makes.

Weakest point? I think you could have twisted the plot a little more, and expanded on the relationships between the characters. The plot was predictable in parts, because it IS a cliché, but I would have liked more twists. The relationships between the characters were fine, but they could have gone further; like expansions on the interactions between Wes and Rachel.

But that’s not to say I didn’t love this, because I did. Though I could have done without knowing the spider thing… And the new ideas seem interesting, and I love deeper/darker things, and I wouldn’t mind seeing the summaries, but you have senior year coming up, so I understand if you don’t post it soon. Good luck with senior year!
Linsey chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Oh my god. You nailed me down to a point. That's creepy. But anyway, I love the way you write, you give enough detail to give someone a clear image and not so much that it makes you think you can skip ahead and not need to read anything that was just written.

"Books were my thing. I enjoyed reading as much as the average teen enjoyed watching television. I could get lost between the pages of a book, losing myself in reality and immersing myself in the characters’ perils. In a book, I could forget my problems.

Once in the bookstore, I headed straight for the teen section. I was a sucker for romance of any type, cheesy or not, clichéd or not. So sue me. Even at seventeen, the summer before my senior year, I found myself prowling the teen section, hunting for a good read. I’d read all the fluffy romance books that I owned about a hundred times each and was looking for something new and refreshing. Even The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen, which was seriously one of the best books I’d ever read, became tiresome after the tenth time.

I had just pulled a book off of the shelf to read its summary when another, younger girl came and stood right next to me. She looked to be no older than eleven or twelve, and, because, at five feet eight inches, I was taller than most girls, this girl was about a foot and a half shorter than me. That was what really made me feel old. And pathetic. I was just a seventeen-year-old loser who imbibed books, teen romances, specifically, like regular meals to make up for her own lame lack of activity in that department.

So you caught me. My love life was zero to none."

This is me. Literally. Not kidding.

Like I said, creepy.

xoxo, Linsey.
EasilyDamaged chapter 3 . 9/5/2007
Lmao. The swedish references cracked me up, since they are so totally *not* true. ;) I'm swedish - brunette with green eyes. ) But it's cool. At least I got a good laugh out of that. *nods*
Mae Showers chapter 23 . 9/2/2007
I really liked your story. I don't know what else to say but I just liked it a lot. I'd love it if you had pictures of your characters, that would be sweet! Maybe you could read my story. I'd love to know what you think of it.
righthere431 chapter 23 . 9/1/2007
aw lol storys so cute... keep writing... youre good ]
righthere431 chapter 22 . 9/1/2007
yes! theyre finally together! lol
righthere431 chapter 21 . 9/1/2007
aw family love is so cute
righthere431 chapter 20 . 9/1/2007
o whats gonna happen next?
righthere431 chapter 19 . 9/1/2007
o her first day of school... interesting
righthere431 chapter 18 . 9/1/2007
lol yay at least izza and rachel are friends now ] now lets see whats gonna happen to her and wes...
1,412 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »