Reviews for Smooth Move
likelemondrops chapter 23 . 9/20/2010
Loved it! I could not stop reading. :) I love Wes and that he's totally hot but not perfect. And I like that Rae isn't perfect, too. What could be more boring than a perfect couple, right?

By the way, the whole 'first meeting' scene was genius.
the.writer.hannah chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
AH! i love the truth about forever! its one of my faves!
R.I.G chapter 2 . 8/15/2010
I don't know why, but Rachel's turning out to be as tactful as me :P BUT I would bener have called "Le bel amour" italian, because I am french so there !
Kirhava chapter 23 . 8/11/2010
Hello!

I loved your story. You are great at romance!
CaRiNeSs chapter 22 . 8/9/2010
Just stayed up till 3AM reading this entire story... I would have replied then but I was so dead and I had to be at work at 8 this morning so I am just now getting a chance to review... Loved it! It was intertaining and funny. I laughed so hard when she pulled the saxophonists pants down...my husband walked into the bedroom and was like what the heck is so funny? It was great! Awesome story :) Glad they finally got together... I really think that Rae was in love with Wes before she went to camp but just didn't figure it out till after!
AlyWrites chapter 13 . 8/6/2010
I'm loving your story so far! It's absolutely wonderful- I love the budding chemistry between Wes and Rae. Extra props for the chapter title, it fits perfectly. I love Hellogoodbye- "Here" was the first song I ever heard by them.

Aly
Madam Vendetta chapter 23 . 8/2/2010
Wow. ANOTHER good one! HOW do you do it?

~BB
elma chapter 7 . 7/27/2010
she cracked me up at the beginning haha
elma chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
HAHAHA! Loved the ending of that scene :)

"Only the door was locked. So much for dramatic exits." Made me laugh.

Lovely!
Badger In Disguise chapter 16 . 7/14/2010
"That''s what you get when you let your heart win."

-That's What You Get, by Paramore.

Yeah, I just quoted, but that's all I could think to say. Oh, snap.
Badger In Disguise chapter 14 . 7/14/2010
I play the trumpet! :) It's the best.
Badger In Disguise chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
You make me feel so TALL! T.T I'm Five-foot-nine...:( But a well-written chapter. I am a serious bookworm, so I can relate. :) Good work.
veronicab chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
All I can say about the main character, not just portrayed in chapter 1, is that she comes off as annoying. She doesn't seem to know when to shut up, she seems awkward. I mean, I almost cringe at the way she handles herself around guys. Even I'm embarrassed for this particular fictional character. Then I convinced myself that the title of this story, Smooth Move, was a sarcastic reference to how painfully awkward, and at times annoying she can be.
ricebear chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
for the first chapter, i'm enjoying it so far! i don't recall reading the name of the character but whatever.. i can relate to her very easily:) i would love to do what she does- reading in a bookstore/coffee shop while drinking a yummy frap! great chapter:)
CynicalRomantic09 chapter 9 . 7/5/2010
Hm. So I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the story yet, which is odd for me because I either like them by this point or I don't. I'm on the fence for this one.

I'm having a difficult time liking Izza because I believe she's one of the worst best friends on the planet. Since the beginning of the story, she's been forcing Rachel into blind dates and part of me is thinking it's purely for selfish motives. If Rae has a boyfriend, then they can double and still spend time together without Rae being a third wheel and that's just kind of an annoying reason.

I also don't like how she continually ditches Rae for Derrick or considers her as an afterthought. That might not necessarily be what she's doing, but it is how it comes across. I would have left by that point and told her to have fun at the pool with Derrick, but that's just me. :p

And I'm having a hard time swallowing how judgmental Rae is. She keeps giving Wes such a hard time and she doesn't even know him that well. Like on the night of their first "date", she got upset with him for saying "sure", but come on. She acknowledges the grandfather dying thing, yeah, but the dude's grandfather died. *facepalm* Lol.

And she keeps bringing up awkward/uncomfortable topics (such as his grandfather). I just find it funny that she doesn't seem to know when to quit when it comes to herself, but when Wes was making Caleb uncomfortable, she zeroed right in on it and changed the topic.

One of the things I did like, though, was that when you had them go to the party and she jumped to the conclusion that Wes had been with some other girl, she didn't get all haughty about it. She was just kind of "eh, whatever" about it.

Another thing I liked was that she tried escargot! Kudos. She talked the talk, then walked the walk, so good on her. I don't know if I would have been able to attempt escargot. Perhaps if I didn't know what it was... Hehe.

Anyway, sorry for ranting. I guess it's a double edged sword for me? The things I dislike are, coincidentally, also part of the things I like about the story. I like that the characters are real enough to have these obvious flaws and that they're not perfect. Though I still don't like Izza. Lol.

I am going to keep on reading and review later :D
1,403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »