Reviews for Smooth Move
White Rabbit Tale chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
I like the title! And I also liked this chapter a lot. Rachel seems like she's starting to figure a few things out about herself...and the really great thing is that Wes and Rachel, besides having extreme chemistry, also have the kind of relationship where they made each other a better person. In a way. That, to me, is the mark of a really functional relationship. Not that they're in a relationship at this point. But for future reference.

I also like you throwing in some distension between Rachel and Izza. It's very, very believable that Rachel would be jealous of Izza's new boyfriend and that Izza might be a little insensitive about it all. It's tough when you are so happy because you've found this totally great guy and you sort of forget that other people might not be as happy about it as you are. Izza doesn't strike me as the most perceptive or self-aware girl, so she's probably just really confused and thinks Rachel is overreacting. On that point, Rachel really ISN'T overreacting, so I really like how that conflict is playing out.

Not to mention my ulterior motive of wanting Rachel and Wes to spend more time together...with Rachel mad at Izza, it only makes sense. Also, is it just me or did that last paragraph or so make it seem like Rachel is entertaining the possibility that she and Wes might date at some point? Hm...hard to say whether Wes feels the same, but judging by how much he seemed to miss her, I'd say yes.

Also, about your fact: One of the many differences the Catholic church and the Calvinists quibbled over. XD
mia5081 chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
ooh i liked it, and i totally think that wes likes rae ) and now they just have to admit it to each other lol

UPDATE

~mia
woodstock1969 chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
Hey! Great chapter. I love how you had Rae come to the conclusion that forcefully denying that she and Wes were dating in front of him was slightly tactless. I guess when someone does something like that to you, you realize what it must be like when you do it to other people. That sort of thing has happened to me before. Anyway, so where is Rae supposed to live? Maryland or Virginia or something? Just out of curiousity...

Anyway, update soon!

~ woodstock1969
Antiquary chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
So I might have forgotten (or, you know, I DID forget) why Rae is so uncomfortable about having anyone aside from Izza at her house... why is that? And the laser tag idea sounds like it should be interesting.

As for Izza... hello, chicks before dicks is TOTALLY a rule. One phone call should be completely mandatory, even if you have a boyfriend. All my friends do that too-they get a boyfriend and it's like all the rest of us don't exist, and then when they break up all "wham bam thank you ma'am" they come back and you have to be all sympathetic and all. which you are only you're like (in the back of your mind) "hey I wasn't so important two weeks ago, was I?"

Yeah I have a lot of friends like that... it's a girl thing I guess.

Hope you update soon!
thoughtsofwisdom chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
I kept smiling whenever rae smiled when she was talking to Wes. I like the dynamic that's developing between them now.

Update soon cause I wanna know what's gonna happen when he get sto her house. What will her father/brother do? dun dun dun
outsomniac chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
haha poor izza i bet she doesnt even realize that shes neglecting rae. and WES. wow. he should definitely become a therapist. i
Anon chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
I don't recall saying those things, but chances are, I did.

Anyway, I loved this chapter; she's feeling something for Wes, her family's relationship is explained further, and Wes is going to her house into her territory. And that it's really well written. (Enough grovelling now?) I meant what I said, I like this chapter a lot, and the fact that she and Izza are fighting is very interesting in that it doesn't sound like they've ever had a real one (argument) before. I'd like to hear her side, if you've written her a side.

As there are no more mentions of Writer's Blocks, are we safe to assume that you now where you're going now? Not that you can answer till the next update.

Thanks for updating.
dancer-me chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
I'm a new reader, and I'm only on chapter one, but I'm fairly sure I'm going to be through near half of this story by the time the day ends, that is, if you don't go off and inspire me to actually write the 3rd chapter of my story... Your style of writing is awesome, and I love how you did the cell phone talking thing! I was like, "gosh, I know a girl like that, she doesn't freaking shut up.." the whole Wes thing I found awkward, cause I was trying to picture him as this hot sexy guy that he is, but all I saw was my brother, :S cause his name is Wes..I'm going to work on blocking that out, because I WANT MORE WES!
Venus Smurf1 chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
AWESOME chapter! I'm really glad that Rae is starting to warm up to Wes. For awhile there, I thought she'd go for Caleb or something.

No, don't change the title. For one thing-well, I don't have the best memory, and if you change it, there's a very good chance that I'll never find the story again. For another, it's a good title.

Then again, my titles usually suck monkey butt, so I'm probably not the best judge...

Anyway, great chapter! Thanks for updating.
jekodama chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
There's a brain inside her head! a BRAIN! WE!

Oh, and you wrote "extravert" wrong, it's actually "extrovert".

And I think that the title of the story fits the first chapter quite good, although I kind of agree with you, it doesn't quite fit the rest.

They acto more like a couple each passing day, they just don't realize it, hahahaha! I like that! It reminds me the way me and my boyfriend used to act... Everybody used to say that we'd end up married, and we would scream in horror at that thought, and here we are, 3 years as a couple, 10 years knowing each other. Ain't that just lovely? Although there are days where I could just smack his face against a wall, but still, I love the stupid guy...

Ok, enough ramblings about me. Nice chapter, slowly building an event, although I can't fathom what it will be like, but I think it'll be good.

Hasta la próxima! Take care!
ThatOneKidWhoDoesn'tLikeSalami chapter 12 . 5/12/2007
yay a new chapter D

um whoa since when does she go to camp... that I'm now assuming is sleep away camp because u started talking about her roommate.

actually, i haven't heard that phase before. Chicks before dicks. heard of bros before hos though.

aw shes being to evil to her room mate whose only trying to be nice. but in other news she likes Wes. 1 she was offended when he yelled SHES NOT MY GIRLFRIEND to his mom. 2 she missed him. a lot 3 talking to him calmed her down and 4 i just like him better than Caleb. he's more interesting

oh and on a completely random note my dad, being the computer nerd he is, got this realy fancy mouse with rubber squishy things on the sides, and three extra buttons. its the coolest mouse i have ever seen! I'm thinking of relocating it to the computer i use lol
summers-end chapter 11 . 5/8/2007
Did they have to EAT the crocodile dung?

By any chance, did you find that fact in Queen of Babel by Meg Cabot? I recently read that book and this same fact was in there.

This chapter was really interesting. More mystery surrounds Wes with every chapter. When are some of the questions going to be answered?

Update soon!

summers-end
thoughtsofwisdom chapter 11 . 5/7/2007
I wanna know his secret so badly right now it's not even funny. i'm actually warming up to Rae a lot more, but Derrick kinda gives me the creeps, even more so than caleb. he's just kinda stand-offish. Ah well.
dreamforever101 chapter 11 . 5/7/2007
oh! i love the story! Its really really good. And it is really well written!

plz review back :D
dimethylmercury chapter 11 . 5/7/2007
Yay! Fudge brownies! (: Right..sorry for my lameness.. I find Rae quite a likeable character actually.. She's funny at times.. Not really irritating or anything.. But what's with Wes? Will we learn more about him later?(: I thought Drea would be meaner to Rae cause of her previous part in the story.. She cares for her brother...right? Seems like..
1,412 | « Prev Page 1 .. 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 .. Last Next »