Reviews for Kelly's Journal
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I would like to point something out where you are wrong. A psychologist cannot prescribe medication. A psychiatrist is the one who prescribes it. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor.
Joyful Song chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Not a bad story!

I like the idea. I like what was written. I like how there are very few (if any!) gramatical errors or typos.

I would like to see two things.

First of all, it would be easier to read if there were extra spaces between journal entries, or the date was bolded or something.

The second thing is a little more complex. As the story progresses, it would be nice to see more of her personality. It would be nice to see her fears, and even more of her observations of life in general. It would be nice for her to speculate on what her "old" life and personality are.

As a story plotline, it's a good one and has a lot of potential. One of the positive things of having short journal entries with little detail is that she feels forced into writing for her psychiatrist. It feels realistic. But, as time goes on, she could learn to "trust" her journal, or rely on it to vent, to show her fears, and to really try to understand her world(s).

I don't know how much you've read about amnesia, or if you've had it/interviewed someone who had, but I recommend reading as much as possible on it. The information you recieve can only make an already good story incredibly rich. Read both fictional accounts of other amnesia, and real stories. If you're up to the task, read up about amnesia from a medical prospective.
Serena Star chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I like it it's got a certian touch, you keep with it that she doesn't remember anything
dragonelemental chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Awesome. I love the idea of writing this from her POV, it gives insight into what most people will never feel. You have written her as though she is very detatched and emotionless which i believe is very effective, i especially like that last line. It leaves the reader to think. I'd love to read more of this, keep writing!