Reviews for The Geeks
Dead Anonymous chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
Good chapter and since you said 'be constructive', then uh...

"it wasn’t just that which gave me the gut wrenching feeling on the inside."

- - -

Put a hyphen between 'gut' and 'wrenching'. It looks better that way.
Dead Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Wow. Good prologue. I love it~!
Future Queen of the World chapter 12 . 11/11/2008
I really like this story! I am a Geek and am proud of it!

FELLOW GEEKS UNITE!
moongazer7 chapter 2 . 9/12/2008
It’s surprising, why the Spanish teacher didn’t make a big fuss for someone was interrupting her class. Perhaps you could say she looked unhappy for the rest of the period?
Alexis Grey chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Great prologue!
Lauren chapter 11 . 5/12/2008
YOU JERK! HOW *DARE* YOU GET MY HOPES UP!

Here I was, minding my own business, then BAM! NEW CHAPTER? But no... it's not a chapter... IT'S A NOTE! forgive you though. If this next thing isn't "bigger and better", though, I'll send Zephyr to eat your food supply, and yes- even the emergency rations.
gigglebug chapter 11 . 5/12/2008
*sob*

I got all excited, too! D

Well, if you say it's gonna be better, I'll trust you. But hunker down, girl! I want MORE! mwah. ;)

See ya soon, I hope.
HWTC chapter 11 . 5/11/2008
As a fellow writer, I understand how you feel...

but come back SOON!
DreamSweet chapter 2 . 4/18/2008
I love this, if only for the reason that you've turned the typical cliche of the jocks and cheerleaders ruling the school yard on its head. Good job
Fractured Illusion chapter 2 . 3/13/2008
So I decided to check out the second chapter as well, to get a fair view of how this story will be handled (prologues don't say all that much)

I like the brief but very quirky interaction between Ana and Bethany :P It was very amusing because I like to fake Brit accents too, haha!

What I am not getting is why she is feeling paranoid over this place for no good reason. Everything seems normal, I'd like at least a hint to support her paranoia. It'd be easier to relate to, overall.

Anyhow, I have to say dialog is your strong point so far. It's good because it holds character well :) Keep it up!

- Frac
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Hello. I decided to review all non-winners of the Review Marathon, just to spread the review love some more :P I hope you don't mind.

Anyhow, first I just want to comment on the summary: It was effective because it drew me in. I mean, geeks are vicious in high school? Haha, this is something that needs to be seen for sure ;

Onto the chapter (which turned out to be a prologue):

"The Preps, the Jocks, the Choraliers. They are"

The first sentence is a fragment I don't think is doing too well. How about "the Choraliers: they are" to make it more natural and flowing?

"or, if they’re feeling really wild, they’ll take out the Star Wars: Battlefront."

*chuckles* Man, what a bunch of party-people! :P

"The fact that these clever individuals are manipulative, almost to the line of corruption[,] should not be forgotten"

Anyhow, a good start. Though, I am not too fond of prologues, but I think this was a nice overview of the RHS's geeks and their workings :P

Keep it up!

- Frac
Snowy Days chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
I promised to review...so I will!

I really like this story, I like how the Geeks completly rule the school, but no one knows it. Like me being on Student Council, I declared myself 'The most powerful student' in the science class, so they must obey me. :)

I like your style too. It's not all over-described, which is good. Are Bethany and Matt gonna end up together...ooh?

I really feel like Onion Rings for some reason...
faerie-gumdrops chapter 2 . 2/21/2008
Ah geeks are my most favourite of all high school stereotypes! I aspire to be one one day, but I'm kind of stupid, which is a bit of a problem. Oh well!

So I like the new twist you're giving to the geeks, by making them manipulative etc (loved the prologue, by the way) - the only thing better than your average geek is a geek with a slightly darker side than usual. Or a hot geek. Yes, gotta love a hot geek.

I like the way that you've hinted at what might happen by making Bethany feel uneasy in the corridors and when she's talking to Ana - nicely done. Also, I love the title of this chapter - tis an awesome chapter title.

Your writing has very very few errors, which is great, and I've found this story entertaining and easy to read so far. The only possible error I've found is 'Very tact, I thought to myself', which I think should be tactful. Anyway, yes, good job so far m'dear!
HWTC chapter 10 . 2/17/2008
OH! I want a virtual hug! so im reviewing!

yay! u listened to me and put up another chapter! IM LOVED! YAY! (im really hyper tonight, so im really really sorry)

UpDaTe SoOn!
gigglebug chapter 10 . 2/17/2008
Just a couple typos here and there. Do you write your chapters in Word before you upload them? Just be sure to check up on those kinds of things before submitting them, just so the chapter looks a little more 'proper' when someone's reading it.

Impressive plot, as ever! Don't worry about being busy, it just adds suspense for the rest of us readers! ;)
78 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »