Reviews for Renescence
tarryfairy chapter 40 . 3/19/2009
Ahh this story was wonderful...I hope you know I spent my whole day reading this, couldn't drag myself away to get anything accomplished haha. But honestly, this was great. I fell in love with all of the characters, even the "minor" ones, and I'm glad the story had an actual (sub?)plot besides all the romance, which, don't get me wrong, was amazing as well. I'm trying to pick a favorite character, or at least a favorite couple, but I'm so attached to all of them now! Well, maybe Jack would be my favorite :) Anyways, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading something so much...I can't wait to read your other stuff (as soon as I have another day I can justify wasting in front of my computer). Actually, um, *discrete cough* it would be great to maybe read some shorts about the main characters as they settle down in domestic bliss? Just throwing that out there ;)
Blue Papillon chapter 40 . 3/2/2009
I read this forever ago, but I reread the last chapter just now (instead of studying for calculus, bad me). I loved this story. The characters are so sincere and real. The only thing that I can think of that would improve it is if there were an actual love scene between Nicky and Morgan. That would've just been the cherry on top at the end. I enjoyed this story immensely. You are a very talented author.
Cattails chapter 40 . 1/21/2009
I absolutely adored this! I can honestly say I spent the last three days reading it (it kept me greatly entertained while being stuck sick at home). My favourite couple was definitely Jack and Rafael. The tension between them and the amount of difficulty they had finally getting was a lot of fun. Plus Jack's prickly attitude was hilarious (I love him). Of course, Nicholas and Morgan were also adorable, despite how many times I wanted to smack the latter. But I guess that comes with being stuck in the past. He definitely redeemed himself with that last scene (which had me laughing a LOT). I could probably go on for hours and hours about how amazing this story is... I think it's one of the best romances I've read in a long time. I can't really think of anything to improve...it was consistent throughout plot-wise, and the ending was perfect... Ah, I'll probably start rambling if I keep going, so I'll end it here. I loved it a lot!
Mewenn chapter 19 . 1/1/2009
I like this story. The caracters are all a bit too gentle to be true (though it is not impossible that so many of them wold slock together like this, who knows) and the atmosphere is interesting, especially between Jack and Raphael. I look forward to reading the rest.
bookworm0706 chapter 39 . 12/19/2008
also, the jack-rafael smex was hot as hell ;)
bookworm0706 chapter 40 . 12/19/2008
Oh my lord...

That was amazing. I can't believe I never noticed this story before now! A wonderful, emotional, sweet, angsty and very very fulfilling read. Nicky's pain at having to hurt his lord against his wishes just about tore my heart in two.

Love love love love loved it!

x
tmelange1 chapter 40 . 12/17/2008
Congratulations on finishing a truly great story! I have to say that I feel like you should have a paypal button on this sucker so I can pay you for two days of reading enjoyment. LOL You rocked this.

Some things I liked:

1) Your characterizations were particularly strong and consistent. All of your characters had unique interior and exterior voices, and at no time did I feel that any character was acting outside his own established parameters. Even your bit characters were robust and consistent, with enough of a flourish to distinguish.

2) You write a great backdrop. I was completely immersed in the story and always felt that the setting was internally consistent.

3) Your story development was sophisticated and professional overall. Certainly, this could easily be a book that I purchased in the store.

Some things that I liked a little less:

1) There was nothing about this story that I didn't like. I have a preference for relationship dynamics that have a bit more tension, however, so the way the relationship developed between Nicky and Morgan was a bit too...easy for my taste. The attraction was basically instantaneous and mutual, so there was very little for me to root for, other than that Morgan would get over his hang-ups (which I suspected he would). The other relationship had a bit more oomph, but I was more vested in Nicky and Morgan rather than Jack and Raphael because that's where we started.

2) I thought it a bit strange that Nicky rejected Jack basically because they were both bottoms, but started out the relationship with Morgan as a top or a sort. LOL

I thought the story was outstanding. Thank you for writing.
tmelange1 chapter 19 . 12/17/2008
I've been reading this story like a crack addict. LOL It's such a marvelous, professional, engrossing story. And your characters are so well drawn. I feel like I should be paying money for the pleasure of reading this...

Bravo!
Obsalys chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Oh, it was really good, such a good surprise . I love your characters, and the way they interact together and evolve (especially Jack, well i don't think i'm the only one). they seem so real. and you write very well in general. i will gladly try your sf fiction. Well, since both your fiction are at least one year old, i'm wondering, do you still write ? will we be lucky enough to see another story from you in the future ?
Lizzy chapter 40 . 10/26/2008
this is utterly fantastic. :-D
forbiddenstars chapter 40 . 10/3/2008
again, sorry no time to login.

i swear, it's criminal for a story this awesome to have less that 100 reviews. criminal.

OMK. this was an absolutely amazing story. you had just the right amount of angst, just the right drama, and just the right dose of reality to tone it down. holy crap, this was amazing. and i love how you have a happy ending. i hate sad endings...

i love this story. its amazing. YOU'RE amazing, dammit. )
Koneikaa66 chapter 40 . 9/27/2008
It was a really awesome story (characters, characters interactions, storyline and so on... ). I find it so interesting and enjoyable that it kept me glued in front of my scren for the several hours it took me to read the whole story in one go (sleep, sure, after..._this review was written another day_) and I will re-read this story with true pleasure again later, I'm sure.

Thank you very much for sharing it, I really had a great time reading it.
Kawaiiminnachan chapter 40 . 9/24/2008
Where's the louis/drew love? Anyway, great story. It took days to get through but it was so worth it. I love long epic fictions
knits alot chapter 40 . 9/11/2008
I looked at the 72 reviews you got for this and was astounded. It makes no sense. It should have about 200 to 350 by now. Most people search under slash so maybe you should add that to your summary.

This is an amazing story, took me 4 days to read from beginning to end and I relished in it. I'd have to say Jack was my favorite character. It has kind of a down-to-earth fairytale ending. I'm sorry this review won't do the story service. My puny mutterings can't compare to 40 chapters of well-thought-out, entrancing, delicious writing. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff, fixing to look that up next.

Again, the amount of reviews does not reflect the worthiness of this story. I'm thinking people just haven't discovered it.
entropikos chapter 19 . 9/11/2008
It is extremely refreshing to read a story that is not only entertaining but well written... yours is probably some of the best work I have seen up at Fictionpress yet.

Only piece of advise - and this is just my opinion - check for language consistency... for example, 'cute' was probably not so common a word in the 19th century... great work otherwise!
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »