Reviews for Renescence
whatisit chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Hi!

I read all of your stories, and I enjoyed reading all of them. Maybe Renescence was the one I liked best, but well, I liked them all. The longest ones are a little time consuming, since I can never help myself but read the whole thing in once (which was obviously impossible with your stories! i still can't read that fast!).

The only thing I considered a fault is that in your stories everyone ends up happily, meaning there are of course quite hard situations, but somehow it all ends up well. And as much as I like happy endings and all, there is a little lack of real drama in my opinion.

(i hope you don't mind me telling that, i'm just trying to give constructive criticism)

Anyway, i liked the plot, the charachters and i am surprised you can pull off such long stories without actually getting boring (i am quite an impatient reader)

So, thank you for writing it! (and sorry for my sucky english)
Arsinoe03 chapter 40 . 7/29/2007
So i just happened upon this story and read it all in one shot! And I am glad I did, what a very good story. Hope to read more by you.
mechante fille chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Followed the link from SKoW. Congrats on that.

This was a very lovely read. I liked it so much I rec'd it in my livejournal. I wonder if I can put a link in here... I'll try at the end, in case it freaks and cuts it off.

Anyway, I've only ever read a few Regency stories, all slash, and all but one published, and this is the best one I've read. By far. I would have been pleased to have spent money on it if it were an e-book or in print.

I look forward to reading your sci-fi, though I will give myself a chance to catch back up with my life, first. *wink*

Okay... I really think link won't work, but maybe if I break it up? http(colon)(double slash) .com(slash)

Anyway, that is the link(ish) to the review I wrote in my journal._ Feel free to leave a comment there, if you'd like.
TRSNG chapter 40 . 7/20/2007
I hardly review because I find it embarrasing to gush, but your authors note at the end of this was right.

I read all 250 0-ish words of Renescence (took me two days) and I loved it. I felt oldly satisfied at my conquest of your massive story and just-plain-satisfied with the conclusion of the story itself.

So I'm reviewing in celebration of both our achievements.

Each chapter was interesting, each character was lovable, the entire story was a joy. Well done.
nonaccount chapter 40 . 7/17/2007
Lovely story - it has been engrossing me for a couple days now. Thanks. :)
nonaccount chapter 30 . 7/17/2007
Aw, really sweet chapter.
nonaccount chapter 22 . 7/17/2007
"'Pull gently, but harder.'" Rafael advised. 'He'll get the idea if he's gently forced into it.'" Hmm, whomever could he be referring to? ;)
nonaccount chapter 20 . 7/17/2007
Jack and Rafael are my favorite couple. This is a really sweet and tender scene, especially this part, "Rafael moved until their lips were touching by one layer of skin, he opened his mouth and whispered. 'Jack . . .'" It made me smile, just like this - :).
nonaccount chapter 6 . 7/16/2007
Great story. I love this image, "sunlight yawning it's [sic] way across the table, not yet fully awakened to light the whole room." "yawning" - splendid!
Mademoiselle Rouge chapter 40 . 7/16/2007
*Sighs*

Finished, yay ! Kept me up a few nights in a row and this morning. This was great, just perfect. I don't understand why you've only got 47 reviews, cause your story is one of the best I've read. I love the length, i loved the descriptions, the narration, everything. Your characters are amazing, with their insecurities and quirks, and the romance is...waah. It's nice fluff, all your characters end up telling how they feel, but somehow it's not too much, or too sappy or whatever. It's really well done. And I LOVE Morgan so much. I love Rafael too, and Nicky, and Jack...oh well I love them all.

Anyway, I'm so checking out what else you've wrote. It will probably make my friends and parents pissed off at me - I kinda look like a zombie coz i stayed up so late reading you - but it's totally worth it !
Lia chapter 40 . 7/9/2007
Me again. I just finished your masterpiece. It was wonderful. Thank you for today, it hasn't been an easy day and you novel made it bearable. I'm off to take a look at your sci-fi epic to see if thats as good.

Lia
lia chapter 19 . 7/8/2007
Sorry I don't have any aspects of the story to critique. I just wanted to say I'm loving it.

My father died a couple of days ago and in an effort to distract myself I visited fictionpress for the first time in ages and I found your story.

It makes me laugh and that's something I really need right now. So thank you, for your wit and your words. I'm sure I'll enjoy the second half as much as the first.

Lia
Kamilah Adair chapter 40 . 6/28/2007
Congratulations, kilmorden! Your story, Renescence, has been nominated to win the Best Slash (complete) section of our awards site. Keep up the great work!

~Kamilah Adair

SKoW Judge
Midnights Scream chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
and...I want to say more, but I'm too tired to think of anything.
mesmerised bookcat chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I really, really liked this story and I know this review isn't very constructive (sorry) but I just had to tell you how much I liked the characters, though at times I just wanted to jump in and beat some sense into them.

Anyway, thank you for giving me something enjoyable to read!
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »