Reviews for Pray, Heretic
Nefas Fatum chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I'm impressed. The way you managed to describe the mass and what goes on in the hearts and minds of those attending was brilliant.
Rising Falcon chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
For one, you write better than me! I envy thee! The detail was good, I was actually getting a bit spooked here and I can see the darkness there.
Jaime chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
very suspenseful!
Slightly Obsessive chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Interesting. I suppose a message in this would be that faith and love keep Churches sacred, and without them they become hollow playgrounds of the Devil. I'd like to see you review and extend this, with more descriptions of the sounds and the blood and the fear of the people, and the Devil delighting in said fear. References or rants about his life in and banishment from Heaven, and subsequent introduction to Hell would also be intersting. If you want an excellent, beautiful example of the character and personality of Satan i suggest reading Paradise Lost by John Milton, even the first few chapters or the notes on sparknotes would be helpful. It was the inspiration for my story (If you're ever bored, check it out) and i think you'd really benefit from it. Satan is a complex character, one that is difficult to understand and comprehend but Paradise Lost can really help. Good work with this!
Haku chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Not a bad effort at all. Evoked a very genuine sense of fear, especially when the priest came back from his fit and mangled everyone. Not a bad effort at all; also leaves you unable to figure out that age-old theological question - is the work of Satanic forces acted out to punish those who do not believe in God (and thus oddly work on God's behalf) or as an act of war against God? Good story - do more!
Lazaruss chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Spectacular ! I must say, you have done better than even i did on all of my stories. The text is ritch, the descriptions colorfull, the story GROOSOME ! A Work Of Art ! I aplaude you !
Lady Katreina chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
For your first real submission, it is incredible. I love it, because in a twisted way, I know it's true. And possible. And because there's no way I could hate it: it's human nature, laid bare. Interesting to add "lest I should come to harm a guiltless soul". Definitely possible. (And truly in a non-physical sense, happing all the time.)