Reviews for dad
MagicWords chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Wow...

One of the best poems I've read in a long time.

I'm assuming this is true because the emotions was so real. I could feel your anger and still yet, your guilt. It rhymes so smoothly.

I'm sorry for your loss, even if you don't miss him so much.

Excellent piece of work here. Fabulous.
rhymemaker chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
This is powerful and so sad. I applaud the way you are able to turn your pain into a beautiful work of art. If not for the darkness, no one could see the light.
Romantic Nun chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
wow...this was amazing. and sad. i totally feel ur pain. this was a very moving poem. great job :)
oxytocin chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Moving, obviously heartfelt. Impressive. The rhyming gives the poem a kind of infantile quality, as it is very simple but very forceful - I don't know if that is what you were aiming for? The reader doesn't quite know the whole story until you say, "but you were a fucking alcoholic". This has the effect of the poem losing its tinge of mystery. It gets it straight out into the open, but I am undecided as to whether that's a good thing. I like this poem because of the sheer FORCE behind the words, which hits the reader almost as painfully as the writer has felt them. However, technically, I don't think that the reader can read between the lines of this poem; there isn't really anything left uncovered. Perhaps try to use metaphor or simile to really engage the reader more?

That was my literary rant. On a completely personal level, I utterly feel for you if this is your own experience.
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Wow, you express yourself really well. I think that it's good you got this all out, emotions are so very confusing and they make us more messed up then almost anything.

Keep it up.

Thanks for reviewing my work.
life like whoa chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Very powerful. I could feel so many emotions.. Hatred for a father who from what I understand wasn't exactly the picture-perfect figure. Sadness for the life you were put through and the fact that he is no longer there and can't make up for lost memories. Guilt that you find slight happiness in the fact that he's gone.

You did a fantastic job at getting your feeling across. Very nice.
Doxology chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
I love this too. it's kind of ironic because my mom is an alcoholic and right before i read one of your poems, I had gone to an alateen meeting, and we were just talking about how listening to music and getting lost in the lyrics and such is a great way to calm down, detach, and, in my opinion, disappear. and when I read your poem 'headphones,' i said I relate to it, meaning that's what i do when my mom gets drunk. although i know that your is a different story, it's funny how much i can relate to it. my dad died to, but i never knew him, so i can see how this is hard for you. and the honestly! great. simply brilliant. Great job.

Peace and Love

Lifted
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
This is so sad, you express your emotion really well. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Wir1wind0001 chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
oh... this is so sad...I'm sorry you felt that way, but you are a really good writer!
Grayhome chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Truly a cathartic piece of writing.