Reviews for Parallel to the Knife
Amy B. R. Mead chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Pretty. The last line is very powerful, and I enjoyed this.
LilDvlAngl chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I like it. Makes you think of something like untouched beauty. I hope you continue writing
Abbytjie chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I love this so much. I can see all the elements and I love rose parallel to the knife, such an amazing image, but I'm not 100% sure what it represents?
You're use of rhyme is absolutely brilliant.
D0ll chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I like this because its different and I want to know the rest!
envirofriendlykrissooo chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Your diction invokes a lot of imagery, I'd kind of like to know the background of it though. It's a pretty dramatic scene, it'd just be interesting to know the whole deal of it.
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I LOVED it! It was like there was a whole HUGE story to tell and the clues to it were hidden in this text! It was AWESOME! I lost love, perhaps murder, possibly betrayal, I mean, it's like an amazing Agatha Christie novel all pulled into one addictive scene writen in hard-core poetry. But the grammar isn't as fantastic as the poem, there should be some sort of punctuation at the end of each line. And I had to look for your rhyme schme to find it, so I would say that you should go back and make it rhyme rather than just having it partially done, but that's just my openion. FANTASTIC story though!

Write on!
TwinDeath chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Wow... this was good. i'm not the best at style of poetry, but I know when somehing is good, and this is good. amazing. dark. serene. everything has the feel of the calm before a storm, the last breath before death... and that's kinda what you were going for, wasn't it?

Live forever, or die trying!
im.a.werewolf.rawr chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
It's beautiful and interesting. Nice work!
Blissfully Sarcastic chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I...absolutely.../LOVE/ this poem.

I don't much know why exactly, but it interests me greatly.

Keep it up.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Good poem. I like it even though I'm not sure how to interept it. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.

~Twilight Starr~
Methuselah Renard chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
This sounds like a description of a haunted house scene, especially with the candlelight and humming record player, which shouldn't naturally be like that, considering the aged and abandoned setting (of course, one could argue a person came, lighted the candles, played a record, and did nothing to the rest of the dusty dinner table)

It's a decent poem with some good descriptions. Ethereal melodies, that's what I always love listening to. And the stale-with-death rose, gotta love America's national flower!
Duck Tape Girl chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
very nice. you are very good at describing the setting and scene. i could visualize the table setting perfectly. keep up the good work!

Michelle
Sir Scott chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
This poem says loneliness and abandonment to me. Keep up the good work.

~SirScott
XsilentXescapeX chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
its a good setting, almost like a description for a book but yet still very poetic. i am in love with the last line though ]
CandleQueen chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
I thought someone was going to die in this poem, but I guess one can only hope. lol

It was fine. Poems are abstract. It could mean squat, but people would still fall in love with it, so don't worry over it. It is what it is.

-Ramen