Reviews for So Swept Away
Kirona of the skies chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
I like's sweet. However, it feels like you are trying too hard to sound intelligent with some of your vocabulary. Words such as "septuagenarian" and "nacreous", while they are most certainly a unique alternative to your average diction, typically only function to alienate the reader. Better to be understood. But, overall, very well done. A very warm and fuzzy sort of feel. )

Also, thanks for the review. And you're right, there weren't any metaphors...the poem itself was a metaphor.

Keep up with the writing-ness. .
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
lol. that last line made me laugh a little. not sure why.

[His face is locked in a perpetual smile – did he not heed his mother’s warning? – had he smiled for one moment too long?] i really like this part because that warning is usually associated with a sour expression. it's funny to think no one ever considers having a smile frozen to your face in the same way.

and no problem for the reviewing thing. i really do love your pieces.
Circus chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Beautiful. Age is a wonderful theme, and overcoming adversity therein is wonderful to read about. Good job. Beautifully written.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
You have this way of writing that makes prose seem almost like poetry, and it's just, well, beautiful and amazing. I love this piece.

~Hazellin (formerly Isabella May)