Reviews for So Swept Away
Kirona of the skies chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
I like this...it's sweet. However, it feels like you are trying too hard to sound intelligent with some of your vocabulary. Words such as "septuagenarian" and "nacreous", while they are most certainly a unique alternative to your average diction, typically only function to alienate the reader. Better to be understood. But, overall, very well done. A very warm and fuzzy sort of feel. )

Also, thanks for the review. And you're right, there weren't any metaphors...the poem itself was a metaphor.

Keep up with the writing-ness. .
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
lol. that last line made me laugh a little. not sure why.

[His face is locked in a perpetual smile – did he not heed his mother’s warning? – had he smiled for one moment too long?] i really like this part because that warning is usually associated with a sour expression. it's funny to think no one ever considers having a smile frozen to your face in the same way.

and no problem for the reviewing thing. i really do love your pieces.
Circus chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Beautiful. Age is a wonderful theme, and overcoming adversity therein is wonderful to read about. Good job. Beautifully written.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
You have this way of writing that makes prose seem almost like poetry, and it's just, well, beautiful and amazing. I love this piece.

Hazellin (formerly Isabella May)