Reviews for Shadow Over Fintail
Patricia Louise chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Way out weird, but really funny! I liked the pacing of it all, and it was just...great. Creepy, but in a good way.

Thanks for your review on Prophecy of Seven, by the way!
Stardrag chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
...wow...LOL! IT WAS CREEPY/DRUGGY/SEXY/FUNNY dude! It was definitely humorous in many ways, around with the crap he ALWAYS got into! At first I thought he was a noble or something, but he's definitely a character to remember. When she was cool with her father kissing her like that I froze for a quick second and made the occasional "ew" sound common these days. but was he still kinda high when the tentecles were touching him and stuff? Cause he wasn't as freaked out as he should've been at some points.

man, thise was a good laugh! onto more of your stories!

P.s. did you think i forgot to review back? NAW! i was just hangin around fanficiton for a while!

SD
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Well tbh I dunno why you put this one as horror, but I do find this story rather funny. Unfortunately I never came across Lovecraft or Dagon, so I dunno about the comparisions. And yeah, I guess the characters here are fish beings if you get what I mean. I like the part on getting high as well. Reminds me of the super comedy movie series people called Harold and Kumar. :D And I really went lol at the final family reunion part. That was a good shot into the ending for sure. :D Anyway, good one-shot here. And also thanks for your review on Circles of Arven. Hope to see more of the reviews soon! Bye! :)
Narq chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
This is really interesting!

Is Dagon a movie? I've never heard of it before :o

Thank you for your reviews they are really helpful!
sugaplumprincess chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Thanks so much for reviewing one of my stories, I know it was a while ago, but I wanted to return the review.

Everything starts in Arkham! The ‘Don’t go there!’ was a nice touch as well. I’ve got to say I love that you did an updated Lovecraft parody. I’ve only started reading him, and I haven’t read “The Shadow Over Innsmouth” yet, but I think I have to go find it specifically now. You do a very good job at doing a tongue-in-cheek parody of his style, even is if slips in a few spots. I love the oblivious, lecherous narrator. So funny!
rossdavidh chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Ha! Shadow Over Innsmouth is one of my favorite Lovecraft pieces. If Puritans' descendants can be hippie Jesus freaks, why couldn't Cthulhu worshippers have their own degenerate descendants? Funny.
Cat Townsend chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Hm. This is interesting. I like it.

Is she a mermaid? Or a squid? Is he?

Is there going to be more?

I really like this.
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Haha, this is hillarious! xD Such interesting humor, and you write really well. The entire thing is structured perfectly, especially the tone you use. I loved it.

And thanks for your reviews, they have been really helpful. :)
The Mumbling Sage chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Dagon is a movie? Is it based on the Lovecraft story, or anything Lovecraft-y at all?

Heh-heh. Lovecraft might be spinning in his grave, or rapidly clawing his way out while mumbling unmentionable things beneath the gibbous moon...

The goldfish are in interesting motif. Do they perhaps symbolize...anything? Not that they don't look awesome dancing to Fantasia.

I'm a little scared at how frequently mushrooms crop up in your work. A little nostalgic for the 60's, or were you even alive then? I'm inclined to think not, but still...

Calamari...I can't hear that word without thinking of Dead Man's Chest. Not necessarily a bad thing.

'Give it up, Frank. Your time has come.'

I heard that Lovecraft was afraid of seafood. Now I know why. He went forwards in time and read this, then back before he realized it was a parody of his own work.

As for the church...I'm not going there. Not, not going there. At all.

Hee-hee. Tentacles. Funny to imagine a Lovecraftian creature patting anybody on the head, though.

Ohuch. I really do not know what to say now...some things man was not meant to know, I guess. *shrugs, then backs away, then turns and runs*
Shadowhound chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
...

... ...

Huh?

Maybe if I was more familiar with the original story this would make a bit more sense.
MyNameIsMad chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
*Laughs for a good twenty minutes*

I saw that movie! I so saw that movie! Haha, I didn't think anyone else in the entire WORLD had seen that movie! (Execpt, of course, the friend who watched it with me.) But hey, you left out the part where the guy gets his face cut off! I must admit, I was younger back then and I couldn't watch. Lovecraft rocks.

Based on what I remember of Dagon (because, as I've said, I saw it a few years ago) I'd say this is an excellent parody. I remember the creepy hotel, and the church, and the ceremony where that guy's wife (I think) gets impregnated or something by the big fish-god. Man, that woman got her arms ripped off, didn't she? I remember laughing at all the dolphin-sounding people shuffling around. That was a nice little twist at the end there. I was sure your main character was gonna get some fin-tail. *waits for corny joke to sink in*

I'll try to read some more B o' R in the future. Keep up the good work!

-Mad