Reviews for Chaperon
The Siege chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
This is so...wow. I love it. I've never thought of the wolf in this fairy tale as a good being before...though i really should have. This is so beautifully crafted. Thank you so much for sharing it on FP!
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Hey there! Your story was added to the "one-shot" category of A Drop of Romeo! Here's your review:
Ali Thinks: We've all heard the tale of Little Red Riding Hood— well, one version of it, anyway. I've heard all my life that there is always more than one side to any story, and in S. ' Chaperon, a different, darker side is shown on the story that we all thought we knew. While this was an innovative take on Little Red Riding Hood's story, there are still elements in it that make it recognizable to the original account, which makes it seem all the more real.

Chaperon is an eleven year old girl, still innocent in the matters of events that go on around her, such as the ongoing war and hatred between Man and Wolf. Despite the fact that she is this innocent little girl just walking through the forest to give her grandmother some bread, Fenris, the Wolf prince she meets, isn't ignorant to the happenings around him at all, and the juxtaposition between them made for a great dynamic, especially since Chaperon didn't know of the role she was playing at the particular moment.

What I love the most about this story is not the interaction between Chaperon and Fenris, the affect he had on her, or even the references to other fairytales, as great as all of those elements were. To me, the greatest part was just how mush like a folk tale the narrative sounds. The whole time reading it through, it felt like I was reading an actual old fairytale written centuries and centuries ago, and the element of timelessness that is produced by that is, in essence, simply magnificent.
Miss Evil For Cookies chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Are you still with Fictionpress? Honestly, this is so good.. no, AWESOME! I can't write like this. Not when my grammar sucks! But your stories do give me inspirations! XD I hope you'll be still writing here...
Illyessa fa Carnet chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
you are AMAZING.
Amaryl chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
hauntingly beautiful...
Blink XXVII chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Wow! I never thought a fairy tale could make me so sad [ I really love your writing style ]
allut chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
beautifully written.
bookaddict27 chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
This was incredible, I honestly almost cried. I definitely will read Queen of Glass when it's available, your writing is just amazing.
yuanyuan chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
hi !

Ayax chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I loved it. It was beautiful.

I really want to read "Queen of Glass" but I'm afraid that it will be very hard to find in my country (if not almost impossible) once it's published. That makes me a bit sad. But at least I got to read this amazing one-shot.
A. Barone chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I can't believe that I never got around to reading this. This was brilliant. The innocence, the heartbreak, the deception, the end...what a wonderful twist on the Little Red story. Well done SJ. Well done. _
Lunatic chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
This hurt. I have tears in my eyes and a pain in my heart from this story. Just so you know.
kittyfan1 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I have never read Queen of Glass. However, WHEN it gets published, I will be among the first to buy it. You have impressed me very much with your two one-shots, and you are now officially up there with some of my favourite authors D.

These stories were definitely not a waste of time. Creative takes on fairy tale worlds are the best, and yours definitely take the cake. Go you D!
papermask chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
This was so incredibley sad. I felt so bad for Fenris and Chaperon. But at least they no longer had to put up with the war and such, and could move onto a better place. Very well written story. Good work.
Rhea chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I remember being obsessed with Queen of Glass and I am so glad you have more stories out for, your writing is just as good as I remember.
85 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »