Reviews for Cicatriz
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Good poem.

Twilight Starr
antigonelives chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
That'd be "soñar" instead of "sueñar" in the last line. The Spanish part is really good (not that the English isn't), and it was just beautiful. I especially like the dialogue bit.

Going on my favourites! :)

-Cristina
Heihana chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
sueñar is wrong.

It's soñar.

But other than that, it's pretty good.

I've tried writing in spanish but

I have utterly failed which is

ironic since I speak it and am it

and..lalalalala.

But yea...I like it.
soft-spoken chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Very nice work. I like the the bi-langualness happening!

Are you fluent in spanish?

Anyway, this was very nice. I liked it a lot. Some how the ending didn't seem to end though, which is, I'm sure, purposeful... so nothing to add on that.

I like the words of the mother.

Nice.

Keep it up,

-N
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
I fail utterly and completely in Spanish; my own translation of this was only right up to a degree. XD Seriously, I don't care what people say, the Spanish language is difficult. . . . In a totally non-English language way (STILL haven't mastered that).

But, yes, onto the actual review!

I love the "reflections of old monsters at the window", it really set up a mood and this kid just sitting in bed, waiting for her/his mother to come and tuck him/her in, scared to hell and back by their own imagination.

Also, what The Mother said was ingenius; I adore it and, yeah, it sounded pretty in English but in Spanish it sounded too pretty for words. XD

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Usually I could care less for a poem set in this style but this called for attention with every single fantastic line. Well done!

- Noelle
disabled account chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Interesting. I do love reading poems in Spanish :) - although, if I'm not much mistaken, "duerman" should be changed to "duermen," since there is no need for the subjunctive or the command in that sentence (it is merely "they sleep"). Also, I learned a new word - cicatriz. Adieu, Kat