Reviews for hold on
die kleine maus chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
you write with an amazing intensity, and it works brilliantly for the things you choose to write about...you know, my last few transgressions into poetry have been pretty femme slashy, although i've never really thought to fix a definition to it. i just find it easier, and the end result a little lovelier, when it isn't a man i'm directing it all towards, it's as if this "something" between two women is far more powerful. have you ever read a jeanette winterson novel?
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Ooh, it's so hard for me to pick my favorite part...the whole poem is stunning. I can't think of a word to describe it better. Your imagery is nothing short of amazing, and that's what makes it so hard to pick my favorite part. I suppose... "'hold on, baby,' we spin vitriolic on/rusted playground metal, shooting for the/daffodils in the middle of the night."

But really, it's too hard to choose. The whole feeling of the poem created by the imagery is very intense. It's the kind of poem that I'll probably find myself thinking about as I'm falling asleep tonight, and I'll probably go back and read all week.
in a jar pk chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
i miss reading and reviewing your work, and i miss you reading and reviewing mine! lol. how've you been, love?

'publish public kisses' really stood out to me; i absolutely love that line. fantastic piece. x
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
The essence of this is very sexy; the repititon of hold on, baby, hold on reminds me a verbal sexual incounter. The whole piece is dazziling. It's like watching a car crash unfold, but in mind blowing technicolor, with gliter, and neon lights. A unique display of talent.

Much love,

Juliet.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
You KNOW what I'm going to say, right? I'm going to say how amazing this is and how much I adore you (for writing this), and this poem (for being a love-poem but not and, oh, you are brilliant ).

I love this: "they scar the womb which would never be plowed by you."

So much, seriously. I love the line, and this poem, and, oh, it makes me feel dirty and ugly and ROTTED on the inside. I love it, I love it. So much.

See? I love it so much that I've overloaded on these -things in my review? SEE!

& I blame you.

Love this, you already know this, and, yes, I'm officially fan-girling you now.

- Noelle
Lead Girl chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Alright, I was finally able to get in so I could review. Made me mad earlier...cause I wanted to leave you some love _.

Anyway...I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, the imagry is great, amazing at times...but the picture it paints in my mind is one of death. But who am I kidding? We both know I'm slightly morbid...maybe not in the conventional sense. And neither is this poem. It's different from anything you've written before (at least in my mind), but, now don't take this the wrong way, I find that really enjoy the things I don't like so much the first time through. What I mean by that is, when I first read through this, I wasn't sure if I liked it...but then I read through it again, and I began to see your imagry and feel your words...and by the third time through, this poem had grabbed hold of me.

And see, with me, these are the kinds of things I love.

Good job, sweetheart. I think you're going to be a wonderful novelist and poet.

Favorite line: "they scar the womb which would never be plowed by you"

Oh, and the whole "clown mascara" part kinda freaked me out. But it's good now _.