Reviews for Suicide
Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
A response:

A title like "SUICIDE" is way too overt, and the poem itself relies too much on the title for meaning. A title should provide an interpretation or a confirmation of an image, but I shouldn't have to rely on the title to understand what is going on.

There is barely any imagery, motive, psychological inference coloring of words, or even a metaphor. Even a suicidal rant will provide some type of motive, image or thoughtful word choice that indicates to me that the poem understands its own feelings and meaning. I would have to stretch to say that the tree means something or that the "you" figure means something. In the Lenten spirit, I might lean toward us crucifying Jesus, but that interpretation has no backbone because I can't provide enough from the poem to prove that.

I have no sense that you're digging deep into the image or meaning of this poem, which lends to its superficiality.

Try re-writing this, if you have the time and the patience.
psychotic aiba lover chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
woah...someone feels depressed...? :)
blackrosemint chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
depressing

but for some reason im having 'florante at laura' flashbacks after reading this :D
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Gah! This could have easily been compressed into three to four lines; it has an unimaginative title and does little in the way of providing meat in its content!