Reviews for desire
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
This poem was short, sweet and to the point. I liked it a lot. The image it created wasn't beautiful, but it was vivid. I love that. Not all poetry has to make a pretty picture, and if it did, I don't think I would be as interested in it as much as I am. The only thing I have to complain about is the shortness. I felt that you could have added a bit more detail to the piece. That's just me.

This review comes courtesy of the Review Marathon. For more information, see the link in my profile.
Archipelago chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
Oh my, soo incredibly inappropriate! I protest! lol Not really. It's a nice haiku. It was surprisingly fresh.
she smolders chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
I love how haiku can look so simple and yet be quite powerful. This was a fine example of that. This poem makes me imagine a guilty kind of love.
theCoffeeEnzyme chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Hm...now this makes me think.

About who's desire are you speaking? Is it the speaker's desire? Or the speaker's partner?

The topic seems...forced...without going so far as to say "rape." lol.

But, the speaker's skin is "thin" and he/she is being bruised. And, you're using bones on top of thighs which seems rough: a hard, firm structure "thrusting" into the soft flesh of a thigh. It all seemed very negative to me.

But, considering the fact that I am, personally, a bit too verbose for haikus, this was very good. It, obviously, pulled a lot of thought out of me and, hopefully, the other people that have read it.

Once more, very nice work. :]
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
The sound of this matches the movement nicely. It definately stays true to the title. Excellent work.
purplepants chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
nice haiku. captures physical passion very well. i like the last line the best.