Reviews for Don't Fear the Reefer
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Yeah, it's pretty, haven't found, except you should put question, you should ask question in the essay. Other then sure it's good.

MLJ
rhherasgagr chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
I still don't know why they say no even though the positives outweigh the negatives...
Error-Author chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Ha ha, rock on, mate!

" Should we outlaw McDonald’s and have Mexicans smuggle happy meals over the border? "

That made me laugh so hard. I can totally see little Mexican dudes hiding happy meals under their ponchos, sneaking across the border. Ha ha, kudos to you, you make some great points.

Don't fear the reefer!
No Trust chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
This is surprisingly pretty good.

"Concerned about the ever-growing national debt? The government could tax the crap out of weed sales as with tobacco, and money used to staunch the flow of the drug could be put to better use."

There's always some dumb thing to throw money at. Simply increasing USFG's revenue will NEVER result in a reduction of the national debt.
RuathaWehrling chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Greetings! Nice essay. I think I'll throw it into my collection of essays, if that's alright with you. (I'm trying to collect a bunch of discussions on relevant modern topics like this one.) In any case, here are my (mostly technical) thoughts as I read this article:

1.) "Perhaps its 420 chemicals?" - This was a bit confusing, mostly because it sounds like you're leaving out words. I know you MEAN "Perhaps the alarm was raised because weed has 420 different chemicals in it?" but upon the first read, I didn't pick that up. I was counting weed as one "chemical" (which is the way most people think of it). The rest of the paragraph cleared up the confusion, but it would probably be better if there was no confusion there to begin with, so perhaps you can consider rephrasing a bit?

2.) "too much alcohol in a short period of time can ultimately cause alcohol poisoning" - You dropped a period at the end of this (or else Fictionpress ate it - I've had that happen!).

3.) "Should we outlaw McDonald’s and have Mexicans smuggle happy meals over the border?" - Haha! For the record, this was my favorite line of the whole piece. :)

Awesome article. Well, except for the fact that I can't get the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" out of my head now! (ARGH!) In any case, I tend to agree with you. This isn't the first time I've heard this logic, and while I've never understood the appeal of weed (since I'm a notorious control freak, myself), I've never really understood why getting high in your home is worse than getting seriously drunk at a bar... and then maybe driving home.

Anyhow, thanks for the read! Take care,

-Ruatha