Reviews for Remember the Red Haired Boy
Thank you chapter 9 . 12/8/2013
Thank you for this story. It was really great to hear. ChrisTopher was a student in my class; it was my first year teaching. To this day, I still don't know how I made it through that November. I wasn't the teacher you mentioned in this story, but I definitely felt the same way. Thank you for giving Topher, and the Appleby Community's grief and coming together, a voice. We miss you Topher - RIP. Hope you're using similar triangles to build skyscrapers up there ;).
GrannyP chapter 9 . 3/5/2008
Wow, I found this story to be very powerful. I want to assume that it was based on a real story that you actually experienced, but I can't know for sure (yet).

Chapter 6 was a little bit odd because I wasn't sure what was going on. It was like, random conversations that people had or something? That's what I got out of it, anyway.

But chapter 8 hit very close to home for me, especially the part about "I knew in my heart it was just another day". When my mother died a few years ago, I found myself mostly upset that the rest of the world kept turning, like nothing had happened, while everything in my own life was at a complete stand-still. So yeah, that was a very meaningful line.

I thought it was very good overall! Sad, but good.
Galleena chapter 3 . 3/31/2007
We had a similar tragedy in our school. I don't know if you are writing from experience but it certainly seems so. All those feelings, the quiet corridors, people who never knew the boy crying and running to the reverend's office. So true. Especially this paragraph;

"The tears they cried today were endlessly flowing. Many were for him, but most were for themselves. I cried in pity. I cried so they would not feel alone. I cannot say in honesty, that I cried for the boy I hardly knew, though the sadness in my heart may have been for him."

It's not possible to honestly cry for someone you never knew, you can only cry in empathy, I think. Crying is sort of community thing, crying together sometimes helps.

What can I say?