Reviews for The Legitimacy of Wikipedia
Technopeasant chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
A really good concise way to say it: it is there if you want it. Anyhow, there is not such thing as a reliable source, all people are biased or influenced by outside things. Most experts are only oligarchical propagandists. Wikipedia at least, is everyone's misconceptions, stupidity and biases composed into one tome: and that might just be the closet there is to the truth.
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
It's great for quick info, but you should always verify the source,question for credibilty, and cross reference. I never use it for real research or take it seriously, only skepticlaly to look up quick facts. Dan, you seem to be a prominent writer.
The Intelligent Designer chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
I often use Wikipedia myself, but I always take what it has to say with a grain of salt, as the saying goes. Consider this: Anyone can edit it, as you said. This means that, although according to you there are regulations on contet posted, the information may simply not be accurate. According to Wikipedia, Adolf Hitler was born a girl and had a sex change...while rather ammusing during a group project, that is incorrect. I don't know what to say. It's not always right, so be careful when you use it.
tuieri chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
the best resource, if only used to find other resources.

wikipedia is like anything else. it only works if used correctly.